GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default please go buy wheel locks so this doesnt happen to you

this is what happens when ypu think it wont happen to you.... haha oh well good thing for insurance...fyi now i know three ppl including me that have had there factory 20s stolen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truck 4.jpg   truck 3.jpg  

Man I hate a thief. Sorry to hear it.

yep me too lucky for them i was at work when it happend

Wish we could lock him in a room with ya for ten minutes. I cant stand theives.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Did they do that in your Driveway??? either way talk about stupid i hate thieves! and dont mess with a persons TRUCK!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Wow! It is almost unbelievable that this sort of thing actually happens. And in TEXAS, no less (gun laws). I can't think of too many home owners in Texas who wouldn't have introduced the barrels of their guns to those theifs had they been home. Sorry to hear that you have to deal with all that mess. Maybe this will be an opportunity for you to get some nicer (aftermarket) wheels and tires.

Wheel theft is alive and thriving here in Texas.
    A coworker of mine that lives in Keller Tx. has been hit twice in 4 months for the 22's on his Suburban.
    Wheel locks should slow them down so you can get a few shots off.

Sorry for your loss. Your truck on cinder blocks looks like hell. Too bad you weren't home and were able to put a few rounds into the scum or scum bags.

I have wheels locks and a Viper car alarm. ....and insurance.

It is also smart and a very good idea to order a SECOND LUG KEY, If you lose the first one you are in trouble. I bought Gorilla Wheel Locks and immediately mailed in for another Lug Key which was like $8. I keep one in a drawer in the house and one in the vehicle of course. They make nice chrome wheel locks.
    http://www.gorilla-auto.com/gorilla.locks

The thing about wheel locks is that every thief that encounters wheel locks knows the lug key will be somewhere in the vehicle. 99% of idiots put the lug key right in the glove compartment and thieves know this. So don't be an idiot. Hide the lug key as best you can in a nook and cranny place that only you know and remember. Because a thief will go looking for it in all the likely places ie glove compartment/trunk etc. If they can't find the lug key quickly they will leave. You also really need an alarm as a second deterrent to theft of your wheels. Once a thief sees lugs they will try and get in the vehicle to look for that lug key which is somewhere in the vehicle. They will likely break a window then open a door to gain entry. SO when they open a door an alarm needs to go off.
    If you have a one two punch of wheel lugs and a good alarm like a Viper you will prevent theft of your wheels or vehicle by the average punk a$$ dirt bag thief.

I got my Viper 350HV installed for $199 from Best Buy. Kid did a perfect job. He did my Alpine system also. I have had the Viper for about 10 months and I really love it. I highly recommend one and Gorilla Wheel Locks. I think the Gorilla Wheel Locks were like $25 or so, another $8 for a second lug key. Peace of mind is a bonus.
    Last edited by 1flyfisher; 01-12-2011 at 08:03 PM.
    2010 GMC Savana AWD
    Silver Metallic, 5.3L, 3.73 Gears and G80 Heavy Duty Locking Rear Differential, American Racing Off Road Series ATX Chrome Assaults 17X8, BFG T/A KO's 245/70/17 (Stock Size).
    Alpine ida-x303 head unit, Alpine Power Pack, Alpine SPS-600 Speakers
    Viper 350HV car Alarm
    Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers
    42" Slider Windows
    Custom Bed with 6" Memory Foam Mattress
    Avery Berber Carpet

Quote Originally Posted by 1flyfisher View Post
    Sorry for your loss. Your truck on cinder blocks looks like hell. Too bad you weren't home and were able to put a few rounds into the scum or scum bags.

I have wheels locks and a Viper car alarm. ....and insurance.

It is also smart and a very good idea to order a SECOND LUG KEY, If you lose the first one you are in trouble. I bought Gorilla Wheel Locks and immediately mailed in for another Lug Key which was like $8. I keep one in a drawer in the house and one in the vehicle of course. They make nice chrome wheel locks.
    http://www.gorilla-auto.com/gorilla.locks

The thing about wheel locks is that every thief that encounters wheel locks knows the lug key will be somewhere in the vehicle. 99% of idiots put the lug key right in the glove compartment and thieves know this. So don't be an idiot. Hide the lug key as best you can in a nook and cranny place that only you know and remember. Because a thief will go looking for it in all the likely places ie glove compartment/trunk etc. If they can't find the lug key quickly they will leave. You also really need an alarm as a second deterrent to theft of your wheels. Once a thief sees lugs they will try and get in the vehicle to look for that lug key which is somewhere in the vehicle. They will likely break a window then open a door to gain entry. SO when they open a door an alarm needs to go off.
    If you have a one two punch of wheel lugs and a good alarm like a Viper you will prevent theft of your wheels or vehicle by the average punk a$$ dirt bag thief.

I got my Viper 350HV installed for $199 from Best Buy. Kid did a perfect job. He did my Alpine system also. I have had the Viper for about 10 months and I really love it. I highly recommend one and Gorilla Wheel Locks. I think the Gorilla Wheel Locks were like $25 or so, another $8 for a second lug key. Peace of mind is a bonus.

yeah when i get my money from the insurance im getting them... gorilla locks buts its an instalation kit like 70 but its 24 lug lock instead of lug nuts that should slow them down...but a alarm and new wheels are in the near future if the insurance would stop screwing me around and just send me a check

and as for living in texas i would have loved to introduced them to my G19 or my 12 gauge

Legend
    Blog Entries

I don't know how big Cedar Hill is, but you may see your wheels around town some day. If you remember any identifying marks on the wheels or tires, you can inform the cops & maybe they'll watch the mo fos & catch them with a whole garage full of hot stuff. Also if you ever pulled these wheels/tires off yourself, you probably left fingerprints on them & that would be good evidence that they are yours.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast