GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 187 of 214 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2137

I think that'll never happen, because politicians go based strictly on what they feel is best for themselves and their own pockets ... and lobbyists/parties merely influence this. I'm sure there are exceptions but that's the general rule.

What do you think the country would be like if politicians in any position could only serve a maximum of a single term, could only serve one political post in a lifetime (i.e. if you've been a senator you can't be president), received no public monies for campaign use, could accept no private monies for campaign use, could not have other entities (a la PACs) campaign on their behalf, could not accept gifts of any kind diretly or by proxy (giving the daughter a free ride to college is receipt of a gift by proxy, for example; same for accepting free air fare to somewhere for campaign purposes), and could not be lobbied (felony offense to communicate with lobbyists; felony offense to lobby someone serving a political post)?

I know Im a Canadian......but i think the country would be a heck of alot different and there would be a crap load of cash to be spent on some very important things! The question is where does one start? I.E. Who gets the money/support first?
    Hello everybody! Isn't it a wonderful day?:party:

The national debt gets the money/support first, IMHO. Why would we start anywhere else?

I'm having trouble finding it, but I remember reading an article detailing why the national debt has gotten to a point where it's mathematically impossible to repay at this point. I read that a year+ ago, so I don't remember the details, but that's the only real answer I could provide right now.

What if we just stopped relying on a privately operated, foreign-owned bank (aka the fed) to pay for things and instead at least focused on not increasing the debt or handing out money away?

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Oh we can repay it. There's just no incentive to do so ... not when the nation is borrowing at like 2% interest. If China's the dog and we're the tail we can use the debt to wag the dog. Wouldn't it be nifty if the citizenry just switched to a barter system (which is perfectly legal in the U.S. ... and non-taxable) and stopped using U.S. currency? What would be the tax ramifications for the nation?

Hey y'all miss me??
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

The ramification would be that the government would find a way to tax that or something else. There's no way they'd allow a way around taxing that would have wide-spread ramifications.

Did you know the Kuwaiti Dinar is worth more than the Pound?

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsjj View Post
    Hey y'all miss me??
    Now he comes up with a stupid question. Of course we didn't miss ya. We missed yer dogs and their adventures. Did you miss us?
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Of course he didn't miss us. Did you really care?

Would you think me an uncaring individual?
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"