GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 194 of 214 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2137

Nicotine is both a stimulant and an appetite suppressant, so yes. Expect to gain weight when you quit. And you -should- quit. (I'm an ex-smoker, by the way...) Why would you start chewing after you had quit???

I quit for the ex but I personally don't want to quit, everyday was a fight not to chew when I was with her, dumb mistake tryin to change for some one really, when I'm ready I will quit dot you think that's the best way to do it?
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

No. I think it's the -only- way to do it. Addicts all say they like whatever it is to which they are addicted, by the way. What's it going to take for you to quit? Gum cancer?

Good possibilities that the chew will eat away your gums faster. Just like those that smoke food can replace that something in your mouth. If you need something to limit food intake I reckon that will work. Problem being you go from one evil to another. yeah yeah yeah I know. When I quit smoking I used tootsie pops and dum dum suckers to wean me. Then I had to find something to wean me of the lollipops. Gum was the product of choice.
    Then I flat out started eating all the good food again in man size portions. Now I am trying to get rid of all the end results of good food in man size portions.
    Now if we can just get a supply of parasites that we can market wouldn't that help save on healthcare costs/
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

No it won't take an extreme like that, i guess I haven't thought about quiting again, you think I should?
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

Personally YES. But it is a choice only you can make for yourself. Not to please others.
    Wouldn't you feel much better knowing you did it for your health and not someones desires?

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

That said I would prefer not to see you in this website picturing the results of continued chewing of obacco

http://www.quittobacco.com/facts/effects.htm
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

Quitting smoking was the hardest thing I have ever done. I mean, seriously, I grew up in Durham, NC ... the land of R.J. Reynolds, where tobacco is a vegetable. However, it's also one of the most rewarding things I've done. Nicotine addiction is supposedly second only to heroin in terms of difficulty to break, so I'm left feeling like I can do anything to which I put my mind. That's the mental benefit. The physical benefits are that I don't smell like smoke and I don't taste like a dirty ash tray to my girlfriend when she kisses me. My home smells cleaner. My truck doesn't reek of smoke. (Can you tell I was one of those people who knew how it smelled to others?) And then there's the financial benefits -- I don't spend money to literally watch it go up in smoke.

Do I think you should quit? I have no opinion on that -- it's up to you. There are a host of reasons to quit chewing that go beyond your health, @sgtsjj, including but not limited to cleanliess, perception of you by others, and cash savings. The question is do YOU think you should quit?

All that really matters is does one want to quit or does he/she enjoy what they are doing. The host of reasons are always given by those who have either never had the habit or kicked the habit. It is from within ones self that the determination and desire must come , either way they choose. Society wants you to quit but a =part of society wants you to drive a HYundai. So choices are paramount to an individuals comforts.
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

Yes I know I want to quit, just not right now, I think a big part of that comes from bein a stubborn a^%hole, and I still have a bit of that rebel in me when ever I see an anti-smoking commercial I think F%*k you... I know I will quit again for good, I'm pretty sure my dad finally kicked smoking for good, and I know if he can do it I can why do you think society is so against smoking/use of tobacco?

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsjj View Post
    Yes I know I want to quit, just not right now, I think a big part of that comes from bein a stubborn a^%hole, and I still have a bit of that rebel in me when ever I see an anti-smoking commercial I think F%*k you... I know I will quit again for good, I'm pretty sure my dad finally kicked smoking for good, and I know if he can do it I can why do you think society is so against smoking/use of tobacco?
    Since are days of young society has told us it is wrong. Why? I am not sure, as milk is not good for you either but they promote that product. Could it be castigation from the civil war era and the attempt to quash all that is southern?
    oldfart2413@gmail.com