GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jr. Apprentice

Default Canadian pricing for GM parts direct... ?

What do you folks do to get good pricing for parts. GM Parts Direct (US) has the homelink overhead console (25977643) for $190US (the Can dollar is stronger right now), the Canadian Gm parts direct is $426. I can see a couple of bucks but come on that is outrageous! I wish GM parts direct (US) would ship to Canada. Anyone figured away or is there another business that can do it?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

You pay someone in the US to buy it they get it then ship it up to you as a Gift... You should save about $200.00 US...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Jr. Apprentice

That is what I was thinking but as I am a newbie on here I do not know many folks. I would be willing to pay a "buyers" fee as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubsport View Post
    That is what I was thinking but as I am a newbie on here I do not know many folks. I would be willing to pay a "buyers" fee as well!
    Not only the buyers fee,but shipping prices are ridiculously high
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    Not only the buyers fee,but shipping prices are ridiculously high
    Ya I know I have noticed that but no matter what I would be saving money!

Ya I know I have noticed that but no matter what I would be saving money!
    That depends how they ship it.If they use UPS your going to get hammered with duty ,border,and tax fees big time!!!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I have shipped things to Canada many times. Putting it as a Gift can save some $$$$ on taxes I have also shipped big things up to the NY/Canada boarder and people have driven accross to pick them up. I have a Great Vender that is about 30 mins from the falls that will hold something for 3 days for them to pick it up..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Most companies in the US will not do that and they state it on their sites.They can get in a whole lot of trouble shipping items as gifts.On the other hand if you can get someone to purchase it and ship it as a gift,then thats awesome.I was on ebay for years and purchased 100s of items and there were times where i got hammered with fees,especially by UPS.

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    That depends how they ship it.If they use UPS your going to get hammered with duty ,border,and tax fees big time!!!
    UPS is the DEVIL! Their brokerage fees are simply outrageous! I have done what Enkeiavalanche has done before and got someone to buy it and then ship it USPS as a gift, it works! Might have to find another "US friend" on here and make a deal. Just puzzles me why the call it "GM parts direct Canada" with pricing no better than the dealers... The US site is WAY better!

UPS is the DEVIL! Their brokerage fees are simply outrageous! I have done what Enkeiavalanche has done before and got someone to buy it and then ship it USPS as a gift, it works! Might have to find another "US friend" on here and make a deal. Just puzzles me why the call it "GM parts direct Canada" with pricing no better than the dealers... The US site is WAY better!
    I agree,its bull*$#*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast