GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Fri June 15th "Tool of the Day"

Cops Probe Why Child Flew Out Of SUV

Friday June 15, 2007
    CityNews.ca Staff
    Durham Police are probing a disturbing incident that began with a child being ejected from an SUV in Oshawa and ended with their discovery of the youngster in a home in the same city. Cops were called just before sundown Thursday to Wilson Road and Hillcroft Street by witnesses who couldn't believe their eyes. They told police they'd witnessed a baby come flying out of a sport utility vehicle and onto the street.
    What happened next was even more bizarre. The driver of the car simply stopped, got out, picked up the fallen infant, put the youngster back in the vehicle and calmly drove away. Fortunately someone got the license plate and cops were soon knocking on the door of a home in the northwest part of the city.
    They found the child, an 18-month-old boy, being cared for by his grandfather. But authorities were less than impressed by the conditions he was discovered in. They claim the home was "squalid" and that the child had bumps and bruises on its head, obvious signs of the accident just hours before.
    The youngster was sent to Lakeridge Hospital for observation overnight and the Children's Aid Society is looking into his care, while cops probe what happened on the street.

Jamie's Note: I should take these people for a ride in the TB and fling there A$$ out the window...

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy View Post

Jamie's Note: I should take these people for a ride in the TB and fling there A$$ out the window...
    You drive, and I'll push them out....May I suggest going about 161km/h on the highway.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Quote Originally Posted by TrailLeadr View Post
    You drive, and I'll push them out....May I suggest going about 161km/h on the highway.
    Bring back "Public lynching"!

Jamie

back to the tool for a second, it's obviously a European bottle opener. They have different outlets over there as well as different bottle caps which require a different kind of tool.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Quote Originally Posted by 95CTburb19 View Post
    back to the tool for a second, it's obviously a European bottle opener. They have different outlets over there as well as different bottle caps which require a different kind of tool.
    The one end looks like a ball joint fork to me. Then I guess you can open a beer LOL

Jamie

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy View Post
    The one end looks like a ball joint fork to me. Then I guess you can open a beer LOL
    Looks like a ball joint fork that would break after the first use.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Default Todays "Tool of the Day"

I drag raced for a few years myself and whoever sanctioned this event is an idiot. I wouldn't even dream of making a half throttle pass in a dragster. No safety barriers, No crowd control. Bless these poor souls that lost there lives...But the people who put this on are my "Tool of the day"

=

Jamie

Default 2 "Tools of the day!"

These teenagers that think street racing is funny. Should be put down like dogs. These are the same jack-a$$'s that won't go to a track and race for real. I told plenty of people that wnated to race me, I'll be at the track on this day at this place...They never show! Cuz when the green light drops the B.S. stops. For that these kids deserve the lowly distinction of being my "Tools of the day!"

Street Racing Suspected Behind Fatal Crash That Shut Hwy 400

Monday June 18, 2007
    CityNews.ca
    A truck driver is being hailed a hero after apparently sacrificing his own life to save others during terrible crash that shut down Highway 400 in both directions near Barrie Monday. Both lanes have now reopened.
    The truck driver was killed after he swerved to avoid crashing into several cars.
    "I saw him coming across the highway into my lane in slow motion and then veering back, yet it all took like probably 5 seconds," recalled Jane Lennox.
    "I'm so thankful to God that he spared us and I'm so sorry that this man lost his life in an attempt to miss us and miss others."
    Police say the truck wound up in the ditch spilling fuel all over the highway. The driver, a man in his 50s from Innisfil Ont., died instantly.
    The incident is being blamed on racing and two men in their 20s were arrested and charged with dangerous driving causing death.
    "They were veering from lane to lane. They just didn't seem to care," recalled David Trudel.
    "I think it's horrible, you know, that there's people driving at 180 trying to beat everybody else who is in front of them...and innocent people end up paying the price," adds Sgt. Cam Woolley.
    Police were looking for a third "person of interest," and they tracked him down on Monday night. He's also facing charges.
    With the stretch of highway closed, drivers were stranded for hours, and it all happened on the exact same stretch of highway where a crash Saturday sent 11 people to hospital.
    Frustration over being rerouted may have caused a road rage-related stabbing.
    Two men fought on Canal Road near the 400 after one apparently cut off the other. One was stabbed and airlifted to a Toronto hospital with a life-threatening wound. There no update yet on his condition. The other driver's in custody.

continued...

Trucker Hailed As Hero After Swerving To Avoid Cars During 400 Crash

Tuesday June 19, 2007
    CityNews.ca Staff
    Debbie Virgoe claims that in her husband's 26 years as a truck driver, he had never been in an accident. Safety, she says, always came first. "He was always worried on the road about the way people drive," she notes.
    On Monday, David Virgoe's long string of flawless years on the highway came to a tragic end when he was killed in a terrible crash on the 400 caused, police allege, by racing drivers.
    The father of three is being hailed as a hero, for swerving to avoid several cars. In doing so, he crashed into a ditch and died instantly.
    "That was David," he wife said of the selfless act that ultimately cost the 48-year-old his life.
    "It touched my heart and it would have touched his, because that's who he was. He would have given you the shirt off his back if you needed it."
    Nineteen-year-old Nauman Nusrat and 20-year-old Prabhjit Singh Multani face charges that include street racing and dangerous driving causing death. Another 20-year-old is also charged.
    "How many people have to die on our highways before things can change?" the grieving widow asks.
    Virgoe will be laid to rest here at the Innisfil funeral home on Friday.

Jamie

Default Todays "Tools of the day"

Spice Girls Announce Reunion Tour

The former members of the Spice Girls were together Thursday to announce their plans to reunite for a world tour. The shows would be their first since breaking up in 2001. It wasn't something the British girl group, known for their smash hits Wannabe and Say You'll Be There, always wanted to do. Chisholm, aka Sporty Spice, had been opposed to the idea but said she came around on it in recent months.
    "For the first time ever, there is some truth in the rumours. We've been discussing it and it could possibly happen," the 33-year-old singer said. "I've always said, 'I don't want to do it, the past is the past. It was amazing, it was magical. We could never recreate it.
    "But this year people have been talking about it and some of the girls have expressed an interest in doing it."
    Chisholm, Beckham (Posh Spice), Halliwell (Ginger Spice), Bunton (Baby Spice) and Brown (Scary Spice) had their troubles when they were together. Halliwell left the group over what was believed to be bickering amongst the members. But it was the weak sales of 2000 album Forever that put the final nail in the Spice Girls' coffin. The singers moved on to solo projects, with varying success.
    The upcoming tour so far includes 11 dates, kicking off in L.A. in December, but that could change. There are no Canadian dates currently scheduled. The group is also planning to release a greatest album to coincide with the tour.

What is this world coming too....

Jamie

OK...one more time...back to the tool.......I think I saw a doctor use it on some poor chap in the hospital once.

(2002 Chevrolet 3500)
    (1991 Chevrolet K5 Blazer)
    (2000 Maxum Boat Powered By A 5.0 Chevy Vortec )

(previous vehicles)
    1997 Chevrolet 3500
    2003 Trailblazer
    2002 Chevy Tahoe
    1993 GMC Jimmy
    1987 Chevy Astro
    1986 GMC Safari
    1997 GMC Sonoma
    1994 Maxum Boat Powered By A Chevy Vortec

!!!Seems to be a pattern!!!

If your going to jump then be sure to bring a parachute in case you change your mind on the way

DOWN!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast