GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default T.o.d.

WTH is with playing with fireworks all about?

Young Girl Burned By Latest Fireworks Foolishness

Monday July 2, 2007
    CityNews.ca Staff

Canada Day fireworks lit up the skies over the long weekend, but the celebrations took a nasty turn for one Toronto family.
    Seven-year-old Safi Ahmed (pictured) was hit in the neck and burned badly by a roman candle Saturday night after being caught in the crossfire of a fireworks fight.
    Residents in the Finch and Islington and Markham and Eglinton areas say firework fights aren't uncommon and have been going on for years. In fact, Marianne Dimain and a CityNews crew came under attack during Victoria Day weekend.
    Still, the battles can happen anywhere, and while Safi's injuries were only minor, the possibility for much worse lingers constantly.
    Safi's family didn't report the incident to Toronto Police but officers say firework fights are a very serious offence that could lead to jail time.

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Sr. Engineer
    Blog Entries

A few fries short of a Happy Meal??? Poor kid...

2007 Colorado Regular Cab Z85 2.9L/4 cyl.
    Lowered 3/4
    18" Nissan Titan Rims

Default Todays "T.O.D."

Spears Says 'Sorry' For Umbrella Attack

Friday July 6, 2007
    CityNews.ca Staff
    When all else fails in Hollywood, blame it on "method acting." Britney Spears apologized for attacking a photographer's car with an umbrella in February, saying at the time she was preparing to try out for a movie role and got carried away.

As the former pop princess reinvents her career, Spears posted a note on her website explaining the umbrella-bashing incident, calling it a "stunt."

The 25-year-old wrote, "I was preparing my character for a roll (sic) in a movie where the husband never plays his part so they switch places accidentally. I take all my rolls (sic) very seriously and got a little carried away. Unfortunately I didn't get the part."

Back in February, the mother-of-two repeatedly struck an SUV with an umbrella shortly before returning to a substance-abuse treatment center for the third time in a week. Her rehabilitation stint followed a spree of high-profile partying and other erratic behavior like shaving her head.
    Spears is trying to stage a comeback, performing for the first time in more than three years in May with a series of 15-minute shows at various nightclubs and is reportedly working on her fifth album.

Legend

This is a good example of improper use of fireworks.

Patrick
    Rhode Island

Default "T.O.D." Retarded landlords

Seniors Trapped In Hot Apartment Building By Broken Elevator

Monday July 9, 2007
    CityNews.ca Staff
    With temperatures soaring to dangerous levels, experts maintain that physical exertion should be avoided, especially for elderly people who are more susceptible to respiratory and cardiac illnesses. But for residents at an apartment complex at Keele and Lawrence, the humidex isn't the only that's been climbing lately -- so are they --- after the elevator in their building broke down.
    Several tenants, like Margaret McDowall, are seniors who suffer from a variety of physical ailments, and trudging up the stairs is extremely taxing. "I have diabetes and chronic kidney disease, but I still can do my own cleaning, laundry, because the elevator is there. But when it's not there, what do I do?" she questions. "(It takes away from my independence) and I really object to that strongly."
    Margaret lives on the second floor of the six storey building, but at age 75 she relies on a walker to get around. Even one flight is too many. Residents say the elevator has been out of service since last Wednesday and that the landlord has until July 27 to fix it. "I'm here 46 years. He's the worst (landlord) I've had, because he doesn't keep everything up-to-date," McDowall complains.
    Seventy-six-year-old Bill Ormerod has asthma and struggles to get around now that the elevator is out of service. "I can't get out. I've been in here since Wednesday. It's very hard, very hard. I get short of breath, like I am now," he said while gasping for air.

Default Todays "T.O.D."!

Lindsay Lohan Checks Out Of Rehab

Monday July 16, 2007
    CityNews.ca Staff
    Mean Girls star Lindsay Lohan has checked out of rehab. The 21-year-old actress left the Promises Malibu Alcohol and Drug Rehab Treatment Facility on Friday with an accessory she wasn't wearing when she arrived - an alcohol-detecting ankle bracelet.
    "In part she is wearing the bracelet so there are no questions about her sobriety if she chooses to go dancing or dining in a place where alcohol is served," her publicist Leslie Sloane Zelnik said in a statement. Lohan reportedly spent Saturday night partying with friends at Las Vegas's Pure Nightclub.
    The actress checked into rehab after crashing her Mercedez Benz into a curb Memorial Day weekend. She was arrested at the time on suspicion of DUI.
    Now that she's finished rehab her treatment includes attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and going for therapy.
    "She's doing great," Zelnik said. "Lindsay is working hard on her sobriety and we are all supporting her."

I Love picking on actor/actress Brats!

Default T.O.D....Red light runners!

Red Light Runner May Have Triggered Crash

Thursday July 19, 2007
    CityNews.ca Staff

What caused a big rig to plow into a Scarborough bus shelter Wednesday, killing one and injuring seven others?
    Police will try to answer that question and others as they investigate the deadly crash. They say charges are likely after the tractor-trailer lost control at the corner of Warden and Lawrence before hopping the curb, taking out the shelter, and driving full force into a storefront. It's being suggested a black van may have run a red light and struck the rig, precipitating the crash.
    "(There are) some allegations that this vehicle may have been traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes," said Toronto Police Staff Sgt. Keith Haines. "So we're looking for the public's help to confirm or deny this."
    A 39-year-old woman was killed instantly, while seven others were hurt including a driver who's in critical condition. A father managed to grab his child out of a baby stroller before the truck mowed it down, leaving behind a crumpled heap of twisted metal and fabric.
    It's incredible, given the destruction the crash caused, that no one else was killed.
    "I think this is horrible. Horrible," said Helen Sardella, the mother of one of the accident victims. "Any mother's nightmare is today."
    And witness Paul Longo noted, "It was really like a smash-up derby. I was right in the middle of it. I was watching the people that were hurt. There was a lot of blood. A lot of bleeding."
    It's an intersection that the city had already considered dangerous.
    "It's been labeled as one of the problem intersections in Toronto," City Councilor Michael Thompson admitted. "This intersection has gone through a major overhaul in terms of improving the safety of vehicle (and) pedestrian traffic. For me, the issue is simply drivers not paying attention to the roadway, driving too fast and running red lights."

Master Mechanic

maybe land mines would help????
    Jeff

1968 Chrysler Imperial Crown 4 door ht ~ resto project
    1984 Buick Le Sabre 4 door sedan~daily driver

BUY ONLY GENUINE ACME PRODUCTS

So your saying take the red light runner out! Before he hits someone...I like your thinking. Good idea

Default Todays "T.O.D." goes too....

Lindsay Lohan Arrested For Drunk Driving, Again

Tuesday July 24, 2007
    CityNews.ca Staff

Lindsay Lohan caught drinking and driving... again. Proving that she still firmly believes Herbie the love bug is real, self-aware and driving her vehicle for her, 21-year-old Lohan got behind the wheel of her car while allegedly drunk early Tuesday morning.
    Since she is already facing a drunken driving charge in Beverly hills, she may be in Paris Hilton-style trouble when she gets in front of the judge.
    Lohan was pulled over near the Santa Monica Police Department after police spotted her car chasing another vehicle. After conducting a field sobriety test and transporting her to the police station, she was booked on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, driving on a suspended license and possession of cocaine, among other charges.
    Police found cocaine in one of her pants pockets during a pre-booking search.

Maybe she should have claimed it was Herbie's coke.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by