GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need more power

Depends on the cam you go with, I can't really answer that but would guess 30HP depending on how aggressive of a cam you go with. I believe shorties are supposed to help in the higher RPM ranges (not a place our trucks usually are) where as LTs help with low-end torque. It depends on how much you paid for your shorties and how much you can sell them for. I just bought a set of PaceSetter LTs yesterday for $271.00 w/free shipping, so I will see if the "butt dyno" shows any gains.
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"

Legend
    Blog Entries

X2 on what everyone has said here on the custom tune & the long tube headers JG, but you really need to determine exactly what gear ratio you have first, because there is a LOT to be gained here for what you want to do with this vehicle (snow plowing, hauling heavy trailers, loads etc.)
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

3:73 gear ratio. I wish I had been a bit more educated when purchasing the headers. I believe I paid 3-350 for them. They are Gibson stainless steel. I havent viewed pacesetter site yet, but do you know what material they are made of.

from the pacesetter website: Manufactured using mandrel-bent, mild steel tubing and surface-ground, thick steel flanges, PaceSetter Headers are available with standard black painted finish or ARMOR*Coat, a polished, high temperature, metallic-ceramic coating. Each ARMOR*Coated header undergoes an extensive preparation phase followed by application of the coating and a high-temp curing process. The ARMOR*Coat won't discolor like paint, chrome or dull finish coating, reduces underhood temperatures, resists rust and corrosion and is easy to keep clean. All PaceSetter Headers come with hardware, gaskets, illustrated instructions and are backed by a three-year warranty.
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    BBK Performance Headers

were are you guys finding the pacesetter Long tubes for $300 on their site they are $459.00 I have a sierra 4.8 and want to get longtubes as well so let me know please thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ponyxpress View Post
    were are you guys finding the pacesetter Long tubes for $300 on their site they are $459.00 I have a sierra 4.8 and want to get longtubes as well so let me know please thanks
    There ya go man: http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...0A2600202.aspx
    The parts themselves come with a 3-year warranty and the site is currently running a 10% discount offer also, so you can get them for about $277 with free shipping .
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    BBK Performance Headers

Quote Originally Posted by Metaluzc View Post
    There ya go man: http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...0A2600202.aspx
    The parts themselves come with a 3-year warranty and the site is currently running a 10% discount offer also, so you can get them for about $277 with free shipping .
    thats great thank you for the link

borla cat backIn the late 1950s in the United States manufacturers had a fashion in car styling to form the rear bumper with a hole at each end through which the exhaust would pass. Two outlets symbolized V-8 power, and only the most expensive cars (Cadillac, Lincoln, Imperial, Packard) were fitted with this design. One justification for this was that luxury cars in those days had such a long rear overhang that the exhaust pipe scraped the ground when the car traversed ramps. The fashion disappeared after customers noted that the rear end of the car, being a low-pressure area, collected soot from the exhaust and its acidic content ate into the chrome-plated rear bumper.
    In some trucks, when the silencer is front-to-back under the chassis, the end of the tailpipe turns 90 and blows downwards. That protects anyone near a stationary truck from getting a direct blast of the exhaust gas, but often raises dust when the truck is driving on a dry dusty unmade surface such as on a building site.

Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States

Also with the long tube headers I have dynatech LT's its going to move the y-pip back and move all of your O2 sensors back they all still reach except for the passenger side post cat O2. Dynatech's new y-pipe and cats came with the extended harness but you could just splice into it and extend it yourself. Some one tell me if I am wrong but don't the pacesetter LT's you have to cut the factory flange off the y-pipe to make everything work I believe you have to weld the y-pipe to the headers or do alot of cutting and welding of new flanges I am not sure on that though.

bring it down to me ,,,i will take care of it on the BLACK SMOKE side..lol

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast