GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Need some advice on liftin my truck! 2001 Silverado K2500

I have a chevy 01 k2500 and id like to lift it. Id really like to run a 6" suspension lift and run 35's. What is the least expensive lifts and tires, that aint junk? Also, Could you run a 4" suspension lift with 35's, or is 33's the biggest you can go? If i can run 35's, what are the least expensive 4" lifts? Also, ill be installing the lift myself, I dont think it would be that hard. Will i need to get a longer driveshaft for a 4" or a 6" lift? Thanks for any help!

When it comes to lift kits and tires, I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for, and considering how much money you spent on buying your truck, I wouldn't skimp out on the suspension. That being said, I would go with either a BDS, Rancho or Trailmaster lift kit. BFG Km2's, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, and also Kelley Safari TSR's are good tires as well. Most 4" kits will fit only up to 33's, but don't quote me on that. As for the drivesahft, a 4" lift won't need a longer driveshaft. Not sure about the 6" lift.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Sr. Mechanic
    Blog Entries

You can really save some money if you settle for a tire thats not a true 35x12.50.

07 Silverado 1500 5.3L extended cab
    4" Rancho Suspension lift with Adjustable Shocks
    2" Leveling kit
    1.5" Zone Offroad body lift
    35x12.50 R 18 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    Ranch Hand Grille Guard
    Ranch Hand Rear Bumper
    Tow mirrors
    Color matched grey/silver Bushwacker fender flares
    Dual exhaust from cats back with X pipe coming out 5" tips
    Black Tool box
    Edge CTS Programmer
    Proliner Spray in bedliner
    20% tint all the way around

Master Mechanic

i've had really good luck with rough country and they aren't all that exspensive. i've also got 315x75x16 kelly safari tsr's. they're not a true 35x12.50 and they were $197 a piece and they work great. also doing the lift yourself is not a bad deal i've done all might own lifts. a few extra set of hands aren't to bad to have. good luck with your lift and don't forget to post some pictures..............

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

DON'T skimp on the suspension. I would wait until a store has a big sale. 4wheelparts.com has them all the time. You don't wanna make your truck have a terrible ride just so it's lifted. I have a 6 inch fabtech lift and I like the ride better than stock. I think I had it delivered to my door from 4wheelparts for 1600. The truck does everything I tell it to do and drives great doing it. Also go with some nice looking All Terrains instead of Mud Terrains to save a buck on tires.
    2005 Silverado
    6 inch fabtech suspension lift
    17 inch Cragar Soft 8's with 4.5 inch backspace
    35 inch BFG All terrains
    2500 leaf springs in the back

As mentioned above, don't skip on your lift kit. Rancho, Skyjacker and BDS all have great kits that fit and are enginneered well. You will need a 6" lift to run 35's even on a 2500. You will NOT have to make driveshaft mods with these kits. You can install the kit yourself if you have the tools. Take your time and READ the directions TWICE and inventory your kit first before you start so you don't get your truck apart and find parts missing. You should be able to do the lift in a weekend.

Also, will i be able to run a 6in suspension lift with 35 12.50s with a 16in rim? They came on the truck and i dont know anything about them.

Depends on the backspacing on the wheels and what kit you decide to use. MOST lift kits use no more than 4.5" of backspacing.

Master Mechanic

i've used my factory rims on both my trucks (06 1/2 ton 17's and 93 1/2 ton 16's)

Will a 1500 lift work on my 2500? some companys only have HDs or just 1500s for my year model. Lift kit will come soon if a 1500 will work or need just a little modification. Im looking at the rough counrty 6in lift by the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by