GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 Last Post byLast Post by

Here's just some of what was fixed on the Trailblazer after the accident.

- Left fender
    - Right fender fixed
    - New fan and fan clutch
    - Straightened the frame
    - Allignment
    - New AC condenser
    - Entire new front end including grill and all body pieces
    - New hood
    - lots of paint!
    - Steering rack.

TOTAL COST OF REPAIRS?
    Over $8650

KBB on this vehicle at time of accident was $9500. I probably could have gotten $10,250. So they paid 84% of the replacement Actial Cash Value on the vehicle.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

wow...... I cant believe they didnt total it .... sorry for the headache steve hopefully this gets finished soon
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

From what I understand, they start to look at totalling it aorund 70% or maybe 75% in Texas. So, they should have totalled it.

Now, I'm just wondering what else will go wrong from the wreck? Shocks, springs, other suspension components, etc.

We may just consider trading this in sometime soon and being done. Sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by 95CTburb19 View Post
    That really is terrible. Have you dealt with that autobody shop before? Sloppy steering at high speeds is not something I would want to mess around with. Hopefully they'll fix their mistakes without too much of a hassle, you've had more than enough of that already.
    Thanks to posts like this, I had them look into the steering and it was leaking. I guess they fixed it already and just have to wait for payment from the insurance company before I can go pick it up.

OH, by the way. Becuase it's been 4 months since the wreck, I have to get it inspected and get new registration sticker on it too. Have to try to get that done tomorrow/monday.

Jr. Mechanic

Glad your okay. Hopefully she had good insurance and you will get a good down payment on a new ride.
    Terry

2004 Tahoe (wifes)
    2004 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    1997 Chevy Z-71
    1953 Golden Jubilee

keep us posted on how everything goes man just glad you didnt get hurt

2005 Canyon 28000 2.5
    Curt
    Lincolnton NC

Make sure that the insurance company is within hollaring distance once you have been driving it for awhile. You would be supprised what comes out of the woodwork once a "wrecked" vehicle gets repaired and starts being driven again.
    Ken Beida
    2010 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4X4, 5.3L
    2009 GMC Sierra Denali, 6.2L = 403hp, AWD, Full load

Thanks everyone. I go to pick it up today. I will keep the insurance appraiser and the shop's estimator' numbers in my speed dial, that's for sure.

I'll post pics tonight or this weekend of the fishined repairs. It actually looks pretty good overall, hopefully we got all of the stuff worked out and it will not have any problems. As it sits now, it's almost a 7 year old SUV, so it's got some history and datedness to it, might not be a bad time to go ahead and sell it anyhow.

I still can't believe that the wreck was over 4 months ago and this is still going on!

MORE PROBLEMS!

Went to pick up the Trailblazer today. Darn the luck, there are more problems.

1) The new bumper has a major spider-web crack. It's a reman, so it was probably a factory defect. They're going to get a new one delivered in the AM, hopefully. Turns out it was a renam from Best auto parts, somewhere in South Dallas.

2) There was an incomplete job on the painting of the interior of the engine bay, with the damage noted previously.

3) When the fan clutch was replaced, it looked like they scratched the fire out of the oil-filler engine piece. Turns out that was plastic, so no big deal afterall, can be buffed out.

They're supposedly going to work on this job #1 so it should get done by tomorrow. I hope I can get home to pick it up before the long weekend.

We were hoping to have this fixed and returned today, but I guess one day won't hurt. Will post photos of everything when it's all done including before and after photos.