GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Yeah, some insurance companies blow. I witnessed an accident so I pulled over to provide my contact info. I gave my phone# to the other party and said that I would testify on their behalf if they needed it. A week later I got the call from the insurance company of the person who was not a fault and found out that the story had changed and the guilty party was claiming no fault.

I verified what I observed and did the same when the other insurance company called. The victim called me later to thank me for backing them up and they did get their claim paid by the at fault party.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

I got the police report yesterday. This should be pretty open-and-shut. On it is one witness. I called her up and we chatted for a while.

This witness says the woman who pulled in front of me crossed in front of her vehicle. She said the other driver was not waved on and that she never looked over to see if anyone was coming.

She also said that the Police Officer on the scene said it was very clearly the other driver's fault, that I was driving in a legal lane and they even talked about her having to pay for a new truck for me. That's how clear it was that it was not my fault at all.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I want to hear what your insurance company has to say about it. Are they going to battle Farmers or roll over?
    2008 Chevy Tahoe
    2007 Nissan Titan CC
    1997 Chevy 1500 EC (just passed 200,000)

My insurance company is Response Insurance and they've been incredibly great on all of this stuff. I signed up with them last year and have not had any problem, even through all of the glass claims I've had for the break-ins. We've even moved my mother-in-law over to Response as well, because they've been ... well, very responsive.

I talked with them today, we're going to move forward with a claim and they will not roll over and take it from Farmers, especially when there are injuries and at least one totaled vehicle.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Yep, some insurance companies do some pretty slimy things. A few years back, while the wife was over visiting a friend, her son clipped our car while backing out of their driveway. We immediately went out and got an estimate for $2200 for the repairs and later when their adjuster showed up at our home he came up with a figure of $900! When we asked him WTF? He said it was the 'game' the insurance company played. If you accepted the offer, they would mail you a check for the amount. If you contested the amount they would come back to 're-adjust' the estimate. When we showed him the estimate we already had, he explained that the way the game is played, you have to take it to a body shop and then call the insurance company with the dispute, wherein they would send the adjuster back out to adjust the estimate. He said that 60% of the time the claimant just takes the first $$$estimate$$$ and never gets the car fixed. They ended up repairing our car, we just had to jump through the hoops to get it done.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Yep, some insurance companies do some pretty slimy things. A few years back, while the wife was over visiting a friend, her son clipped our car while backing out of their driveway. We immediately went out and got an estimate for $2200 for the repairs and later when their adjuster showed up at our home he came up with a figure of $900! When we asked him WTF? He said it was the 'game' the insurance company played. If you accepted the offer, they would mail you a check for the amount. If you contested the amount they would come back to 're-adjust' the estimate. When we showed him the estimate we already had, he explained that the way the game is played, you have to take it to a body shop and then call the insurance company with the dispute, wherein they would send the adjuster back out to adjust the estimate. He said that 60% of the time the claimant just takes the first $$$estimate$$$ and never gets the car fixed. They ended up repairing our car, we just had to jump through the hoops to get it done.
    same thing happened to me a couple years ago. I had bought my first truck, an 87 F150, and was driving south down the street. as I was going thru an intersection, a big ag sprayer blew thru the intersection, and hit me in the right rear corner of the bed. turned it in immediately to my american family agent. waited a few day, then got a status report. turned the company that owned the sprayer, failed to turn it in to their company.

so, a day later, I got a check to cover the damage ($1495), I took the damaged truck back to the dealer I was buying it from, said "here, you can have it back" (it was a 5 speed) and went somewhere else, and plunked the cash down on my 2nd truck, a '84 Dodge D100 (it got traded Jan this year for My suburban)
    Jeff

1968 Chrysler Imperial Crown 4 door ht ~ resto project
    1984 Buick Le Sabre 4 door sedan~daily driver

BUY ONLY GENUINE ACME PRODUCTS

Steve this whole situation is making me angry. I could not even imagine what this would be like if I were in your shoes. My thing is that I don't own a vehicle that has cost me over 1500 dollars so as long as I can walk away from an accident I'm happy.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Well, I understand the situation that I'm in, and I think that overall I'll be ok. I didn't suffer any major bone-breaking injuries ... whiplash and a sore back, my sciatica nerves still hurt a bit ... but I'll probably be ok in a month or so.

Most people that get into accidents don't run a website that gets the better part of 5 million pageviews per year. Well, that helps to put me in a different category. I'd like to see how this plays out, and I plan on keeping it all out in the open, and we'll just see how it all unfolds.

I've got a video of the accident scene that I plan on publishing this afternoon on Youtube. I'll add the link on here when it's posted.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Here is what the police report says

"U#1 (the other driver) was going SB at 4300 Matlock RD and wanted to turn L into a parking lot to the east. Traffic was backed up on the NB side and 2 lanes lanes stopped to allow U#1 to turn. U#2 (me) was NB in the Outside LN at 4300 Matlock RD and did not have backed up traffic so he continued driving past the parking lot entrance striking U#1. Witness Info: ******** ********"

"Factors and conditions listed are the investigator's option:

Unit #1: #37-Failed to yield row-turning left"
    Let's break this down a bit.

"U#2 was NB (northbound) in the OUTSIDE LANE (The officer states that I was in a lane) ... so he continued driving past the parking lot entrance (clearly states that I was in a lane before I came up to the parking lot entrance.)"

Is it just me, or is this so clearly open and shut that it's ZERO PERCENT my fault that it's insulting to suggest otherwise?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast