GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fishing Boats

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Thanks, I picked this boat up new in 2002 in Little Falls, Minnesota, before Glastron moved to Michigan.
    It's a 5.7 with a Vortec Supercharger.
    One of my winter projects is to remove the supercharger, with the supercharger it burns to much fuel, throws up a huge rooster tail, but doesnt really get across the lake much faster unless you've got a big lake to build up speed.
    And forget about trying to troll with it, last time I tried to idle down to troll I had 2 buckets and 2 sea anchors hanging off the back and it was still going to fast.
    But we play more than fish so it does it's job well.
    Did you ever take off the supercharger?!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

thanks guys,

he put the ford in the ditch, no kidding lol i was afraid he would be afraid of the boat in the water,what do you guys think?

i knew he was a boater when he went to get out, he walked right across the deck like it was nothing haha oh well i have pics of nice and shiney i guess i have to get used to used and abused now hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    Did you ever take off the supercharger?!
    Yep took it off a few months back, between work and fuel prices I havent got a chance to get the boat out and dial it in yet.
    Further issues (wife suddenly unemployed) will probably slow down more progress as part of my winter project was adding a set of electronic screw jack stabilizers, I'm half way through the project but I still need a few more parts.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

He looks right at home.

i guess he really is lol

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CHEVYVANMAN View Post
    i guess he really is lol

That is an AWSOME Little boat!!!!

And TB you should send that supercharger over here! LOL.. that blower on a 3.0L 4cyl chevy HAAAHHHAA! it would kill me.
    I havent even touched my boat yet. still sitting in storage. It will be going into the shop here this week. I just havent been in the mood since i bought a bike, and the weather hasnt been very warm either way. And i didnt think you would need stabalizers with that boat?

And hey Stephan how bad is it to service the Volvo outdrive? ive only ever messed with Mercruisers.

Also i would kill to have the newer electronic ignition compared to points! and mabey even EFI... since the weather varys so greatly up here in MN one day it could be 100 and the next 40.. kinda hard to be jetted right for both temps.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Normally with a basic 350 this boat wouldnt need stabilizers, I was putting them on because of the supercharger, now I've got holes in the hull I gotta fill so I might as well put the stabilizers in.
    I converted my engine to an older electronic ignition and dual Edelbrock carbs a few years ago because the electronic systems (EFI and elect. ign.) had to many corrosion and connection issues.
    If you've done the outdrive on a Mercruiser you shouldnt have issues with a Volvo Penta a little different but operates on the same principle and drive style.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well luckly i still have a Mercruiser, the outdrive just looks so much different.. And i got ya on the stabalizers..
    I just want to get away from the Point ignition that i have now, and want electric ignition... Im tired of the points going to hell every year. And they cost $40 for the kit.. and this year will be its first carb rebuild.. Parts alone are $100.. sadly i still have to pay labor, since i wont work on my boat. Lack of time is my problem plus when it comes to my toys i want to get on and use them rather than work on them.. But i will work on my sleds.. and mabey my bike if im feeling ambitious.. Something about a boat motor i dont like to mess with..
    But for around $500 i should be done with the full tune up and check up... Then next year i get new bellows, and gimbal service (checking to see if it needs replaced) so woohoo!
    gotta love boats

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    And hey Stephan how bad is it to service the Volvo outdrive? ive only ever messed with Mercruisers.
    They're not bad Mike. You have to buy or make a special socket to take one of the prop nuts off so I can grease the shafts every year. Other than that & changing the fluid I haven't had to do anything to it yet cuz nothing's broken so far. But I'm expecting the power trim & tilt to be a real PITA someday ha ha ha
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123