GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Default ATVs who has one? and what do you use it for?

I dont currently have an ATV of anykind. If i can find one i like for the right price i will be buying one. I want to use it to plow, and for hunting. Im not big on ridding them for sport etc since id rather be fishing and ride a snowmobile in the winter.
    But they have a great application for my needs and most people seem to be getting one type or another.
    Also if you have a side by side let us know since the sport models are fast and the utility models are real workers as well.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

am looking at a KTM, sold my Honda 2 years ago
    1998 K1500 Ext. Cab 4.3 5spd
    Amsoil, CIA

2007 Harley Davidson Vrod
    Amsoil, Vance & Hines 2into1, K&N Topless,
    Screamin Eagle Racetuner, StageII cams,
    Carbon fiber front fender, and a few more lil goodies:wink:

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I HAD 2 Hondas and both were great and had Great resale value and reliability.. For what you want it for I would look on Craigslist for a good local used one and sale lots of $$$$

Last one I had was a 92 Honda 300 4x4 bought new for $3700 sold in 05 for $2000 and it had a lot of Hard riding done...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend
    Blog Entries

Im after a grizzly 660, just wondering what the rest of the users on the site have. Im not really in the market for one since im after another boat right now. That is why i was wondering who uses them because there are alot of people who have the sport quads that rip etc. Just nice to see who uses what for what since different parts of the country and the world have different needs.

Been a long time since my ATV days! I bought an '89 Honda 250R back in 1989, and was that thing ever fast!
    Adam

ahh atv's. i love em! once i was old enough for a powerwheels my dad bought me an atv powerwheels and when he went riding theyd strap it to the back of their quads and take it off to let me ride with them! lol. back on topic. i have 2 currently. a 1989 honda foreman 4x4 350d thing is a tank i have a 2000 polaris magnum 2x4 325, thing isnt that bad on dry land, but once it hits water its crappy. i usually just take nice rides everyweekend its relaxing to me. this past weekend i took them up the mountain and did some rock crawling lol. had a blast. i also use them when im going camping i load up a trailer for a john deer tractor and tow it down to the camp site its great for hauling wood too!

edit:
    i forgot that in the winter we use the honda to plow, thing pushes a ****load of snow its amazing, saves a lot of time
    Last edited by Rejekt xo; 04-05-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Used to work at a motorsports shop, sold Arctic Cat and Polaris ATV's, I own a polaris sportsman. Easiest quad to use in my book!

I have a 1993 Suzuki KingQuad 300, It doesnt have the performance of the newer ones, and it burns a ton of oil, but its a good machine. I haven't used it for almost 2 years. I use it mostly when I'm out camping, or when I have some time to just go out for a ride. But, since I don't have room to store it at home (right now, anyway) I haven't been out to use it lately.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep1 View Post
    am looking at a KTM, sold my Honda 2 years ago
    sweet! what model? i've seen a 450 in the sx package at the dealership and it was very trick in stock form.
    -2007 Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT
    -Vortec Max
    -Max Trailer Package

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Im after a grizzly 660, just wondering what the rest of the users on the site have. Im not really in the market for one since im after another boat right now. That is why i was wondering who uses them because there are alot of people who have the sport quads that rip etc. Just nice to see who uses what for what since different parts of the country and the world have different needs.
    I used to ride a Grizzly 600. It was always a blast. Reliable, too.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by