GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    NC just allowed the use of a crossbow and I was thinking about getting into that, but wow the price tags on those bab boys are high! What bow were you looking into Vencennes??
    I've looked at some Hoyt bows and various other brands. For those most part I've just walked the bow isles of Cabela's, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shop, etc. I don't really know where to start. My father has a Bowtech compound bow and he seems to enjoy it just fine. I'm really not sure where to start, though. I like to buy things that would last a life time but I look for good deals. I guess you could say I'm all about bang for the buck. I'm a value shopper. Any suggestions?

I have never bow hunted. I have just gotten the intrest here in the last 2 years or so. I am about like you, I have been to Dick's Sportting Goods and Bass Pro and looked at a few. The Bass Pro in Concord, NC has an indoor archery range and I have tried out a Bear Assault and it felt good but the price was, yikes!!

________2013 4C Rated__________

I duck hunt with a Benelli M2
    I bow Hunt with a Bowtech Allegiance
    I sight fish/stalk fish the skinny water which is hunting with a flyrod, I use a Sage RPL 6wt and a Sage LL 4wt for rainbows/browns/cutts.

2010 GMC Savana AWD
    Silver Metallic, 5.3L, 3.73 Gears and G80 Heavy Duty Locking Rear Differential, American Racing Off Road Series ATX Chrome Assaults 17X8, BFG T/A KO's 245/70/17 (Stock Size).
    Alpine ida-x303 head unit, Alpine Power Pack, Alpine SPS-600 Speakers
    Viper 350HV car Alarm
    Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers
    42" Slider Windows
    Custom Bed with 6" Memory Foam Mattress
    Avery Berber Carpet

Jr. Apprentice

I mainly bow hunt with a PSE Whitetail Obsession. When I rifle hunt ( rarely ) I use a Sako 7mm-Mag that was handed down to me from my dad. My dad acquired the gun in a trade for a horse and a horse trailer. I think he came out on the good end of that deal, the rifle is a tack driver.

In the area I hunt of Texas we have a big problem with hogs. So, for those I usually us a Ruger GP100 in .357 if they're close enough. Otherwise, they get the Sako 7mm-Mag.

Nice Speed Goat BTW 1flyfisher!

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vincennes02261897 View Post
    I've looked at some Hoyt bows and various other brands. For those most part I've just walked the bow isles of Cabela's, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shop, etc. I don't really know where to start. My father has a Bowtech compound bow and he seems to enjoy it just fine. I'm really not sure where to start, though. I like to buy things that would last a life time but I look for good deals. I guess you could say I'm all about bang for the buck. I'm a value shopper. Any suggestions?

I would go with either a Bear or PSE bow. Both have incredible backgrounds and won't necessarily "break the bank" like brand such as Matthews will.

My PSE is 4 years old and all I've replaced on it is the strings which are part of regular maintenance if you shoot a lot.

Default Hunting

Winchester 30-30 and Bow

i have a rem 700 in 30.06 for deer, had a rem 870 for pheasant(sold it to buy a browning pump this summer), diamond bow(bow tech) for deer, im hoping to buy a black powder rifle soon too id like to get into that, any thoughts on who makes good one(ive been leaning towards Thompson Center)
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

I hunt with my bare hands haha
    *2010 Chevrolet 1500 LT
    *extended cab Long bed
    *Line-X bed liner
    *Rough Country 2 inch leveling kit
    *k&N Cai 63
    *Bullydog gt
    *custom A-pillar
    *17 Hoss XD
    *BF Goodrich Mud terrain KM2 285/70/17

Quote Originally Posted by Runnerboy23 View Post
    I hunt with my bare hands haha
    That's definitely pretty hardcore. LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsjj
    im hoping to buy a black powder rifle soon too id like to get into that, any thoughts on who makes good one(ive been leaning towards Thompson Center)...
    All I can tell you about Thompson Center is that my friend is on their tax audit account up in Boston. I haven't ever had anything to do with Black Powder rifles but I have some friends that were into it for a while. They seemed to have really enjoyed the hobby. I also think it would be a fun thing to get in to.

i have a Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 Semi-auto for deer/pheasant/duck, a Remington 700 VTR .223 bolt action for them coyotes, a Ruger 10-22 semi-auto just for the range, and a pump 4-10 that doesn't get used hardly at all anymore

Edit-- O ya i almost forgot the bow! i also bow hunt deer with my Parker Wildfire XP (this was my first year bow hunting and i love it already!)
    Last edited by IAsilverado; 01-24-2011 at 08:31 PM.

4" Rancho Suspension Lift, 1" Front Leveling Spacer, Dual Exhaust, Bushwacker Fender Flares, 20" KMC BADLANDS Rims, Toyo Open Country A/T (Summer Set), 17" Cragar Soft 8 Rims, Hankook Dynapro M/T (Winter Set), Bull Bar, Line-X Bedliner, DiabloSport Predator Tuner, LED Tailgate Bar, Blacked Out Rear Windows, Jason Hard Tonneau Cover, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, Bug Shield & Window Visors, Recon Smoked Cab Lights

Quote Originally Posted by IAsilverado View Post
    i have a Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 Semi-auto for deer/pheasant/duck, a Remington 700 VTR .223 bolt action for them coyotes, a Ruger 10-22 semi-auto just for the range, and a pump 4-10 that doesn't get used hardly at all anymore
    hows the benelli? ive heard they are really good shotguns

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by