GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 Last Post byLast Post by

We have a 07 Fleetwood Santa Fe pup with a fair amount of mods. We used it 27 nights in 2010 along with 5 more nights in tents. I really should sell a tent or two,but just can't bring myself to let them go. Been thinking about adding a trans temp guage to the TB just not sure which one >
    Mine 07 Trail Blazer LT
    Her's 03 Sonoma Crew cab

Vanooch, that's nothing like how I expected the trailer to look. It's quite nice! If I didn't know I was looking at a Hi-Lo interior, I'd never know it.

I have a 2008 Jayco Eagle 32RLS. It's a rear living room with a 14-foot slide-out room that holds a sofa and a dinette. It weighs in at a whopping 9000 pounds without my junk in it. It has a queen size bed in the front and sleeps 6 total, 2 on the bed, 2 in the dinette, and another 2 on the sofa that folds out to a queen-size bed. I stuck a computer desk all the way at the tail of the trailer which fit like a glove. It's just me, so it's great. I don't have any pictures of it suprisingly, but here's a pic of the floorplan:
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    Vanooch, that's nothing like how I expected the trailer to look. It's quite nice! If I didn't know I was looking at a Hi-Lo interior, I'd never know it.

I have a 2008 Jayco Eagle 32RLS. It's a rear living room with a 14-foot slide-out room that holds a sofa and a dinette. It weighs in at a whopping 9000 pounds without my junk in it. It has a queen size bed in the front and sleeps 6 total, 2 on the bed, 2 in the dinette, and another 2 on the sofa that folds out to a queen-size bed. I stuck a computer desk all the way at the tail of the trailer which fit like a glove. It's just me, so it's great. I don't have any pictures of it suprisingly, but here's a pic of the floorplan:
    That's quite the camper, My HiLo is very nice and well built too. I like it because I can get it into tight wooded areas with low branches without scratching it all up or dragging the roof under them. It actually tows lower that my van.
    I didn't think that a half ton would tow something that big, What is a SBC 350 upgrade?
    2001 GMC Savana SLT

John 8:31-32

Here is my 32ft Camper.

2009 Silverado 1500
    5.3L / 3.73 G80 / 4spd / 4x4 / LWB/ Ext Cab / HD Tow-Haul
    2.25in ReadyLift Level Kit / 3in blocks/ 3500lb HellWig / 265x65x17 Wrangler AT
    K&N Filter / AirRaid MIT / MagnaFlow 2.25" Dual Exhaust / HyperTech MaxEnergy

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by 98Hotrod98 View Post
    Here is my 32ft Camper.

damn that thing looks heavy for a half ton, how much does she weigh?

2009 silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 4X4
    6in FabTech suspension lift
    35x13R18 nitto terra grapplers
    6k and risin

Previously owned vehicles-
    2007 silverado ext cab LT 4x4
    2001 silverado std cab 2wd
    1990 toyota pickup
    1989 Trans Am GTA
    1957 Chevy Pickup stepside

Quote Originally Posted by 383man View Post
    damn that thing looks heavy for a half ton, how much does she weigh?
    Almost 8000lbs loaded, but shes balanced well. Prior to this weekend, shes always pulled really well ( discussion in other thread )... I only get about a 2inch drop in my suspension when its hooked up thanks to the Hellwig. The only thing that gets me is the cross winds.

Sr. Engineer
    Blog Entries

Headed to the Carlton KOA for a few days june 23 to that sunday but taking the 26T to a show that Sat. Close to work for me but the GF has lots of Va Cation.
    2009 Chevy Sliverado Std cab 5.3, 4 speed Auto 2wd, Trifecta Tuned
    1926 Model T Bucket powered by Chevy LS 5.3 TH350 and S-10 rear axle Build period Sept 7, 2010 to April 2011
    1979 Starcraft Islander 221 Great Lakes Fishing Boat
    SOLD: 2006 Chevy HHR The Deer Slayer.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by 98Hotrod98 View Post
    Almost 8000lbs loaded, but shes balanced well. Prior to this weekend, shes always pulled really well ( discussion in other thread )... I only get about a 2inch drop in my suspension when its hooked up thanks to the Hellwig. The only thing that gets me is the cross winds.
    that's good, my trucks a half ton also, it's got the hd package though so it's rated for 9500 pounds, and the only thing that adds is extra coolers for the transmission i believe... my camper is about 6500, plus the two quads i haul with it, one in it, one in the bed, and loaded down it's probably close to 8000 also and it does well so makes sense. that baby is tall though, so i'm sure she is like a flag

Just bought a 2008 Aerolite 30bhsl camper. First camper, always tent camped. Two kids now, 3 month and 2 year old. Barely used, very nice. I have a 2003 burb 2500 with the 6.0L. I put a Volant cai with the scoop. Made a good difference in power and mpg. Campers 4800lb dry, 6000lb loaded. Putting a class v hitch witch will be used also to pull a 10,000lb trailer. Anyone with the 6.0l pulling camper?

Quote Originally Posted by vannooch View Post
    That's quite the camper, My HiLo is very nice and well built too. I like it because I can get it into tight wooded areas with low branches without scratching it all up or dragging the roof under them. It actually tows lower that my van.
    I didn't think that a half ton would tow something that big, What is a SBC 350 upgrade?
    I can definitely respect not having to worry about low-hanging trees. It's so easy to knock a rooftop a/c right off on a tree. My Suburban started as a half-ton, but now it's got 3/4 ton running gear. I haven't tried to tow the camper yet with it yet, but I expect it to do just fine.

The SBC 350 just stands for small-block chevy. No upgrades, it's still bone stock...