GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DupliColor Bed Liner

Has anyone worked with this stuff? I like the idea because I could roll it on the walls of my bed, but leave the floor as-is with the rubber GM mat. It might also do well in the wheel wells. I saw it on Gearz on the Speed channel and I like that you can also paint it.

I've seen it on TRUCK U and it looks durable and easy to use.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

The only drawback I could see was that it might take a couple of coats, but I like that I can apply it myself.

Well, that depends on what you expect out of it. The Do-It-Youself products are not anywhere near the durability and thickness of a professional bedliner. If you want "cheap" there's lots of DIY brands like Duplicolor, Durabak, Herculiner, etc. They are all mostly the same products which is solvent based polyurethane.

If you want a professional bedliner (with a warranty!), check out LINE-X.

I am a Line-X fan and will consider going that route, but wanted to get input from anyone who's used this stuff, or any other product. I use my cab which is fairly scratched up right now from dump runs and am trying to figure out a good way to seal the bed without too much expense. I'd rather save that for other mods that have been added to my list since I joined this site.

Blog Entries

I used this in the tub of my old jeep and on some of the exterior trim (windshield and door hinges, full windshield frame). It's great stuff and looks good when your done. only thing is with this stuff if it ever peels off and you try to do a touch up, the new soaks into the old and wants to peal it back up. cheap though. I like that.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

And you need ALOT of CFM to run that sprayer gun. My compressor puts out 6.5 cfm at 29 psi = couldnt spray it.
    This post has been rated MA LSV, and is intended for mature audiences. Reader discretion is advised. :fighting0037:
    ghst-_-R3CON83 ----------BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2----------------------

(This site won't let me add a real stat generator to my signature)

Thanks for the info Big75. I wonder if it applies better sprayed then rolled.

My neighbor used it on his Kawasaki mule. Its not bad on the K/mule, but I'd go with Line-X. I've had the Line-X in my '05 since day one and I've had everything from rocks/boulders to chainsaws in the bed and it still looks good.

Sr. Apprentice

I've used this (so-so) and the Herculiner and the Herculiner is WAY better. The Duplicolor kit is easy to do, but not very durable. I am very pleased after two years on my Herculiner.

Legend

Blog Entries

Sorry Al, I just caught this. I used Herculiner myself and applied it about a year ago....so far, so good but do not know how it compares to other products. It took a ton of time with prep work (lots of sanding and roughing up) and two healthy coats. Counting drying time, it took couple of days to complete the whole process. Also, I have the rubber mat as well and debated on whether or not to do the bottom of the bed, and I ended up doing the entire thing since I already had everything out and I had enough product in the kit to cover it.

There have been a couple of small spots in where the liner rubbed off from carrying stuff (i.e. bend near wheel well), but I easily covered it back up with some of my left over liner and I can't even tell where it wear spots are now.

Lastly, I keep it covered with a Tonneau, so I am not sure what impact the sun would have on it in terms of fading.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast