GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need some advice

Ok last Sunday we had some snow here in Arkansas(it was bad for us here in the south) and I ended up in a wreck and totalled my 99 Silverado 4x4. She was the first new vehicle I've ever owned and never let me down. So now I'm looking for a new truck.My old girl had 285 65 16 tires and liked the stance pretty good,I had the torsion bars cranked when I bought the tires. Now I'm looking at either a Sierra or Silverado crew cab Z71. I was thinking 5.3 but now maybe the 6.2.Also I can have a factory installed leveling kit pit on the Sierra probaly the Chevy as well,I didn't ask cause the salesman was ticking me off. Whats the biggest tire I can put on there with a 2 inch leveling kit? I saw another guy on here that went with the 4.5 suspension lift and had the 295 size tires on there and looks sweet so I may go that route if I can't get enuff with the leveling kit. I would appercaite any comments y'all have.
    1985 Scottsdale 4x4 LWB
    Upgrades coming
    2004 Honda Odyessey
    No Upgrades in the future
    2010 Buick Regal
    No Upgrades(it's bad to the bone)
    2002 Toyota Avalon
    (my Daughter took it)

Almost all leveling kits allow for the use of 33" tires, and any lift over 4" or more should be able to fit 295's.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Wow man sorry to hear about your truck, On the NBS you can definatly run 295's with a level kit.I have the 5.3 and i think the engine has great power. I hope you have a great experence shopping for the new girl. Post pics when you get the new rig.
    09 Silverado LT, 2.5 Level kit, 1.5 Zone Body Lift, Tints, Matte Blk Raceline Wheels with GoodYear Duo Trac 315/70/17, Smoked tail lights, Flowmaster single. MORE TO COME!!! WISH THAT WAS ME BEHIND KAT VON D!!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
    Fairfield County, Connecticut & Montgomery County, NY

sorry about your truck!