GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Top Mobile Apps for Your Car or Truck - iPhone & Android

Let's get a list going of the top iPhone or Android apps that help you get the most out of your car.

I'm trying to test the android ONSTAR app with the demo that I'm driving, but it's a 2011 Chevy Tahoe demo, so I don't own it, so not sure if I can get the ONSTAR hooked up with the app or not.

What apps do you like? Anything for car maintenance, repair, gas station location, reviews, ratings, more?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I really like the MotionX GPS app for Iphone. It's $5-$10 in the app store (don't remember the exact price) But its a great low-cost alternative to a traditional GPS, and it has many of the features that a regular GPS has such as voice guidance and the ability to save selected routes to it.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I like the gas price watch or Gasbuddy app on Droid in the market. It has an area where if you make a trip which way would be the cheapest by fuel prices and highway miles. Gives an overview local map so if you are on your way somewhere you can implement the most efficient stop for fuel along the way. It saves a few bucks and it is free. I always got mad when people would drive a longer route intentionally to get the fuel a few cents cheaper. Just figure out the cheapest on your way.
    89 Suburban V1500 5.7L SLE 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by TELORVEHC View Post
    I really like the MotionX GPS app for Iphone. It's $5-$10 in the app store (don't remember the exact price) But its a great low-cost alternative to a traditional GPS, and it has many of the features that a regular GPS has such as voice guidance and the ability to save selected routes to it.
    Where I can find the app store? I am interesting with their apps. :D

I have the iPod goLink cable which is a scanner that attaches to my iPhone. It allows me to track engine and tranny function while I'm driving or afterwards on Fuzzyluke.com. It also charges my phone when the engine is running. So far it works well, but there are no instructions to the website and it's a little tricky to navigate.

Google Maps is also useful when trying to find a traffic-free route, and I find it is usually more current than my nav system. I also like Angry Birds, but don't use that while driving.

I saw on some tv show there is a real-time accident-awareness / gps app for the iPhone, but I can't remember what it is. You would mount your phone on the windshield and it would track all of the cars that are in front of you through your camera. Then if someone moved in front of you, if would track them and if they were accellerating or decellerating (getting closer to you or father from you) and would warn you of a potential situation.

Anyone know what that App is called?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Anyone have the onstar app? Maybe I should make a thread just for that app.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

I have the Onstar app on my Droid. I use it to start the truck in the morning when I am getting ready to leave work. The range on the fob isn't very far so the app is great for that. I look at the tire pressure and gas level every now and than. You just have to update it when you want current info. it doesn't have an auto update feature that I could find. If anyone else knows how to auto update it let me know.

I wish they would add Black Berry to it My wife has it on her I phone it great especially the remote start
    Moak

2011 Silverado Crew LT
    4x4 5.3 auto Steel Green
    riding on 20s

2000 Polaris sportsmen 500

I have a 2008 Silverado, so I just missed the App by a couple years. Hopefully they will have it set up for older vehicles as well.
    Dave V. -- Riverside, California
    Owner of --
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.8Liter V8 engine 2WD w/Kenwood Double DIN CD/DVD Player
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 350ci V8 engine with 500+ horsepower (Still Under Construction)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast