GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Plowing taking a beating on the truck...

So I live in CT and all this snow is piling up, someone (me) plows it all lol. My question is, the 7 1/2ft plow I have is starting to, if not already, taking its toll on the front end and sorts of my truck. I figure I've lost about 1-2inches in height due to the weight of the plow, and my mechanical know-how is limited as far as what/where/when/how to replace the parts( ball joints, tie rods, etc.) So here's a few questions...
    1-would new/heavier torsion keys get the height back? sometimes the plow bottoms out hitting bumps even when its all the way up.
    2-what should I start considering replacing in the front end? Everything there is bone stock and straight from the factory, except brakes and rotors. Also the fluids are too, ie power steering, tranny, etc. (its a 2004 with 134xxx miles).

Anything else I should consider throw it at me and it'd be greatly appreciated...I'm sure if the snow keeps up I'll be doing some things too.
    Semper Fi

Installing a set of Timbrens in the front will help tremendously. Cranking the T-bars will help too.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

if you're still on your original fluids than you should probably get them changed. Also, replacing the shocks could help out a bit as well.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light