GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default XD Monsters and tire advice

Before i ask, yes i did look but have yet to find a solid answer, plus i am also wanting feedback as to which my fellow GMTruckClub members would suggest as best.

Okay, I have an 08 Silverado 1500 z-71. I am having a 2.25 ready-lift installed next week and will be getting new rims and tires next month and cannot decide which would be best look wise and not rub UCA or require much trimming (prefer not to but okay with a small amount).

The rims are XD Monster Matte Black in either a 18x9 or 20x9....which offset would be best a +18 offset or +35 offset??

I belive i saw factory on other thread here that backspacing with the 18x8.5 oem wheels is 5.7ish, so i am not sure which set up would be best and closest to factory without creating a problem.

As far as tires, i am looking at Nitto Terra Grappler and BFG TA/KO. Both in either 285x65x18 or a 305x55x20 and once again one wheel comes in around 32.6 mm and the other is a 33.2 mm, so i would like to get some opinions from you all to help me have a better understanding of backspacing and offset. Also which set up you all think would be best.

thanks, ken

20x9 (+18) is what you want. That will prevent rubbing of the sway bar and MINIMIZE rubbing of the outer liner. You can forget about 305/55/20's. You will be cutting metal out of your fenders to run those, so you may want to consider something more in the range of a 275/60/20. 275/60's will look good and will still rub a small amount.

Welcome to GMTC!

Your biggest concern would be with the 18 in rims and the UCA. The +35mm offset is supposed to fit on with no rubbing, however if you have a leveling kit then it changes everything and you will have major rub issues. (Happened to me, but a +35mm offset is way too much IMO and wheels are extremely tucked in I would highly suggest not even considering these rims). I did test mount the one with a +18mm offset, at full drop and full lock you might have sum tire rub with the UCA. This would be very slight but couldn't tell you how little or how much. I see a bunch of Silverados running this setup, so if you don't off-road much then there would be no area of concern, even if you did the only time you would have an issue is when you turn full lock with one of the front wheels resting on the bump stops.

As far as tires running 285 should be find with no issues. I like my Nittos !!

Welcome to the club!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

I believe ReadyLift recommends running a 20x9 with 5.5" backspace and like a +10mm offset. ReadyLift's customer support is really good and if you just shot them an email they will give you suggestions on what offset and backspacing to run with what wheel. I have talked to Raul many times and he has been very helpful.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Welcome to the club!

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Thanks guys..as always I knew I could count for some solid advice..
    RANDOMSANDWICH..I think full lock is when you turn steering wheel all they way in either direction, right? What is full drop? Also, you did have (or tried on) the monster in +18 offset wheel? What tire size did you use and what was the results? It looks like you now have on rockstars?

Legend
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the club
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol