GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have been looking at these for awhile. I love the smoked cab lights. Just adds a heavier duty look to your rig. I have an 04 silverado. How bad would these be to install for the right application. Im also worried about leaking. What do you guys think?

They really are not that difficult to install, it is just time consuming. If you put silicone around each hole that you drilled like I did with mine then you shouldn't have a problem with any leaking. The main problem I had when I was installing these is that the screws it came with were not long enough but I just went out and bought new screws that were longer and it was an easy fix. If everything goes right with the install I would expect for it to take around 3 to 4 hours. I took a few breaks and had a few bumps along the way so it took me around 6 hours to finish them but I am very happy with how they turned out and I think it was well worth it.

4" Rancho Suspension Lift, 1" Front Leveling Spacer, Dual Exhaust, Bushwacker Fender Flares, 20" KMC BADLANDS Rims, Toyo Open Country A/T (Summer Set), 17" Cragar Soft 8 Rims, Hankook Dynapro M/T (Winter Set), Bull Bar, Line-X Bedliner, DiabloSport Predator Tuner, LED Tailgate Bar, Blacked Out Rear Windows, Jason Hard Tonneau Cover, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, Bug Shield & Window Visors, Recon Smoked Cab Lights

very nice, I'll be installing those after the lift kit. glad got to see em on similar truck

Those look awesome.

2009 Tahoe LTZ (Blue Granite ext/
    light & dark cashmere int)
    5.3L Vortec V8 6 speed trans.,
    HD towing, Leather interior,
    20" chrome wheels, chrome door
    handles/grill/mirrors, & CD/DVD w/Bose.
    2010 Silverado LT Texas Edition
    (Black ext/Light titanium-ebony int.)
    5.3L V8, 6 speed trans, HD towing,
    20" chrome wheels, chrome door
    handles/grill/mirrors, CD, Raptor 5"
    Magnum nerfs, & Speedliner bed liner.

Looks very good IAsilverado. Now you can come help me with mine sometime!?
    1999 White Chevy S10 ZR2, White grill w/ black bowtie, Cherry bomb Extreme duals with magnaflow hi-flow cat, black raptor liner bed liner on rocker panels, custom made headache rack, tool box, BFG KM2's 31x1050x15, painted black stock wheels, Westin safarai bar, hella 500's on bumper, camo Bowtie sticker on tailgate, coyote whisperer decal on windshield, Coyote whisperer at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by coyotewhisperer View Post
    Looks very good IAsilverado. Now you can come help me with mine sometime!?
    Ha thanks Landan. Ya sure, let me know when you are getting them and I will head over to help!

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

[IMG][/IMG]
    That is how I mounted the switch... I wired the power from the cab lights into one of the ignition wires so that they always turn off when I pull the key out of the ignition and then only can turn on with the key in the ignition. Then I am able to turn them on and off whenever I want to with the switch and I don't have to worry about leaving them on overnight or something like that.

Just thought I would share this with all of you also.

4" Rancho Suspension Lift, 1" Front Leveling Spacer, Dual Exhaust, Bushwacker Fender Flares, 20" KMC BADLANDS Rims, Toyo Open Country A/T (Summer Set), 17" Cragar Soft 8 Rims, Hankook Dynapro M/T (Winter Set), Bull Bar, Line-X Bedliner, DiabloSport Predator Tuner, LED Tailgate Bar, Blacked Out Rear Windows, Jason Hard Tonneau Cover, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, Bug Shield & Window Visors, Recon Smoked Cab Lights

What's the console type thing you have there where your binoculars and stuff are?

That would be my CB radio. I use it for coyote hunting. and I also made the little box that is holding my binoculars, range finder and all of my ammunition, it is quite helpful to hold those things in place.

Dam nick i never knew you built that but it looks very nice and fits perfectly. have any more pictures of it?
    1999 White Chevy S10 ZR2, White grill w/ black bowtie, Cherry bomb Extreme duals with magnaflow hi-flow cat, black raptor liner bed liner on rocker panels, custom made headache rack, tool box, BFG KM2's 31x1050x15, painted black stock wheels, Westin safarai bar, hella 500's on bumper, camo Bowtie sticker on tailgate, coyote whisperer decal on windshield, Coyote whisperer at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by IAsilverado View Post
    ... I also made the little box that is holding my binoculars, range finder and all of my ammunition, it is quite helpful to hold those things in place.
    Nice! It looked like something custom. You should definitely post some more pictures of it. It seems like a nice way to keep things in place.

Quote Originally Posted by coyotewhisperer
    Dam nick i never knew you built that...
    Coyote, is it IAsilverado's red truck that is playing around with you in the snow in the other thread?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast