GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Newbie Needs Help Switchin out Console in 2010 Crew Cab and a few other improvements

I just recently bought a 2010 Crew Cab LT 4x4 Z71 w/o sunroof, rear sliding rear window, leather, or navi.

I would like add the full console to my truck and was wondering what all I needed to do to complete this switch? Are there any special panels, items that I need to make this work in my truck? Is there anything to beware of such as rear air, rear radio, etc or are these things that I could possibly add to my truck with a donor? I'd really like to be able to have USB and power charger inside the console.

Also I would like to switch to a power rear sliding window as well, does anyone know if there wiring harness is generic between models and would already be there?

Thinking about switching to leather all the way around as well and was wondering if there is any way to make the harness to the front seats work with my current setup so I could get dual heat/power seats or am I asking for too much?

I got a good deal of this truck and just trying to make it into an LTZ type truck without the LTZ price tag off the showroom floor.

Any help, advice, and lessons learned would be helpful.

Thanks,

Steven
    Steven, 29, Mechanical Engineer and Hot Rodder from Upstate SC

Rides:
    2010 Black Granite Metallic Customized Chevy Crew Cab, 4x4 Z71
    2002 Silver Metallic Camaro SS, 35th Anniversary, SLP Optioned Car
    1968 Bright Teal Pearl Chevy C10 Hot Rod Pickup
    2002 Pearl White HD Fatboy with wild cams and tons of Chrome
    2001 Barstool from Hell named "The Hot Seat," 5 1/2 Briggs, racing clutch, racking slicks, 24" wheel base, 31" Width, 3' Tall, 45mph.....you do the math....

I might be able to help with some of this. Unless something has changed in the 2010 trucks there are two different full consoles for the 07+ trucks. They have a LTZ console and a LT console since there is two different dashes. One is longer then the other and goes up and under the dash if i remember correctly. I don't believe you'll have any big issues while doing the swap. Plenty of people have done it on other GM sites. I don't know if there is rear A/C vents in the 07+ consoles, but if there is I believe you'll just need a little adapter for the bottom of the dash and then just the vent housing for the console. For the power in the console I think you'll need a new wiring harness. I could be wrong though.

What seats do you currently have? Are they power seats?

I have seen these trucks with power sliding rear windows before and if they're anything like the 99-07 trucks then you'll probably just have to buy the harness and hook it up to the BCM on the front and have the truck reprogrammed. Same thing with the seats except with the seats you'll need to get the Driver and passenger temperature control modules.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.