GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Legend

Blog Entries

Looks like you've been quite busy so far, indeed. Good work done, though. Looking forward to seeing what happens to this thing in the future. Good luck with it all...and good luck with the aluminum welding / old man convincing thing!
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

just ordered a multicarrier II custom bumper from TAG http://www.tacticalarmorgroup.com/

I think an old post on this site directed me to them...Out of all the custom bumper manufacturers out there they seemed to be very reasonable. Also they are only one state away from me so I won't have to pay as much for shipping as I would for the product.

I got the tire carrier, double gas can, and jack mount on mine They said it will take six weeks to make...but I won't be able to install it until all the body work is done and that may take a bit longer....

Florence, AZ...AKA just this side of hell!

Don't forget pics....we like pics!

================================================== =======
    2009 GMC Sierra 1500 WT with ... DU-HA underseat storage ; BAKFLIP G2 bed cover ;
    Rostra Cruise Control

Quote Originally Posted by 80 grit View Post
    Thanks guys. I am about ready to take off the bumpers and trim...and start sanding. I returned the bushwacker cut outs as I decided against cutting into the body.

Daredevil,

One day I am going to search for a new rearend and when that day comes I will make sure to go with the discs.
    If you need one, lol.....i have my old one sitting here, 12 bolt semi floater..8 lug single . Only reason i changes it is i went with a 1 ton dually axle .
    has 4:10 gear ratio and is in really great shape.

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    If you need one, lol.....i have my old one sitting here, 12 bolt semi floater..8 lug single . Only reason i changes it is i went with a 1 ton dually axle .
    has 4:10 gear ratio and is in really great shape.
    Thanks for the offer DD. It's nice to know one is close should I need it. You may still have it if and when I need it, lol. For now I am going to concentrate time and $ on the "priority" areas. I am getting ready to attack the body! Next week I will be removing the bumpers, grill, headlight trim, roof rack and strips, side trim, factory running boards, etc. Noticed a few rust holes in the roof where the screws enter via the strips. Off to get some duraglass today!

Where are you in SF anyways ?? also, i will give you this rear end so damn cheap..you may wanna consider getting it ASAP ! lol

Later !

Fort Pierce!

I hear you on the price tag! But I've given it some thought and if I eventually do a new rear..it will be a 14 bolt. I don't think that a 12 is any "true" improvement over a 10. Some guys even argue that a 10 is better, lol.

In the morning I am taking all the trim, bumpers, roof rack, side steps, etc off of her to get ready to start sanding down. I have changed gears on the paint. I am going with Flatz brand olive drab brown, or Flatz brand desert tan. Either will look sweet with black trim contrasting. The tan should do better in this florida heat. I may have to put it to a forum vote, lol.

I lived in Fort Pierce for 25 years. My wife was born there. We moved to Alabama 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 80 grit View Post
    Fort Pierce!

I hear you on the price tag! But I've given it some thought and if I eventually do a new rear..it will be a 14 bolt. I don't think that a 12 is any "true" improvement over a 10. Some guys even argue that a 10 is better, lol.

In the morning I am taking all the trim, bumpers, roof rack, side steps, etc off of her to get ready to start sanding down. I have changed gears on the paint. I am going with Flatz brand olive drab brown, or Flatz brand desert tan. Either will look sweet with black trim contrasting. The tan should do better in this florida heat. I may have to put it to a forum vote, lol.
    the only real differents between a 12 and 14 is full and semi floater...and ofcoarse the differential..but way better then a 10 bolt ! just say'n.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    I lived in Fort Pierce for 25 years. My wife was born there. We moved to Alabama 5 years ago.
    Small world, isn't it? I have been here for 11 years. I am originally from N.J. I think it is safe to say that I have been smitten by the ways of the south, lol. Having lived and worked in NYC and having lived in the "country" I'd take the Country any day of the week!

Coffee cup is near empty, temperature is rising...it's time to get outside and start tearing down my bumpers and trim. I'll take and post some pics! I think I am going to go with Flatz brand paint two tone Olive drab brown on the bottom with desert tan on the top half and all bumpers, bars, wheels, etc. Flat Black!
    Last edited by 80 grit; 03-01-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast