GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Problem has arose with tires

Haven't been on here in awhile but need some guidance and opinions. I had one of my tires go bad and can't be repaired/patched. The truck has 25k miles on it. Should I just get two new tires of the Bridgestone Dueller A/T, or get all 4. Haven't really been too fond of the tires in the first place. Just trying to way out the options.

Since I can't find any of the local shops here with the white lettering on the tires. If I get them off the internet I have to have them shipped and still installed so not really saving any money.
    2007 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    - K&N Air Filter
    - Nasta Steps
    - Penda Bedliner
    - Bug deflector and window
    - 35% tint on front windows

Planned:
    Mudflaps
    Exhaust hopefully
    Maybe a programmer

2008 Equinox

I personally know a lot of people with the bridgestone a/t's that seem to have bad wear problems. Did you keep them rotated? I personally wouldn't put money back into new ones if you are unhappy with them. You could possibly find one used with the same tread as your other off ebay/local used tire dealer or probably better off going with a whole different tire.
    1999 chevy tahoe LS 2 door, 140k,looking good-running strong
    2000 chevy tahoe LT (new), 18" gear alloys, billet grill,black out emblem,tint,K&N intake
    :glasses:

Blog Entries

We took it to TN in September and the tires that were crappy on the highway and wasn't pleased with the performance or ride of them. I bought it used with 17k on it so I am not sure if the previous owner rotated them or not.

Any ideas of a good tire? I was looking at the Michelins LTX offered for the 265/65/18 but not sure if I can find them for a good price installed and everything. I have read the reviews for the current tire and about every other tire for that size on tirerack. Just undecided with things.
    - K&N Air Filter
    - Nasta Steps
    - Penda Bedliner

Planned:
    Mudflaps
    Exhaust hopefully
    Maybe a programmer

2008 Equinox

I've heard great things about the michelin's, haven't personally owned them though. I know they are pricey but tires are usually worth the money they should last a good time kept right so it's better off spending a little more. I usually switch wheels up so much I wouldn't be the best person for tire brand advice as I am changing tires so much too I don't get too much time spent with them to rate them out well.
    2000 chevy tahoe LT (new), 18" gear alloys, billet grill,black out emblem,tint,K&N intake

Legend
    Blog Entries

X2 on not putting money back into tires that you don't like Csatt !
    I have also heard good reviews on the Michellins, if you can afford them.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Blog Entries

I was planning on replacing them soon but not this soon. My boss recommended the Firestone Destination LE tires. But not sure about them, there is a lot of good reviews for the Michelin's on numerous websites. Was hoping to catch someone that has these tires on their truck to see what they think about them.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    X2 on not putting money back into tires that you don't like Csatt !
    I have also heard good reviews on the Michellins, if you can afford them.
    Sadly the Michlein's are the same price as the Bridgestones at least on tirerack.
    - K&N Air Filter
    - Nasta Steps
    - Penda Bedliner

Planned:
    Mudflaps
    Exhaust hopefully
    Maybe a programmer

2008 Equinox

I have firestone destination a/t's on my truck but not by choice they were already on the wheels I bought for a good price. They ride pretty good/fairly quiet and do great in snow but I am already noticing a little uneven wear. The le's probably would be a better riding/wearing tire. I have firestone wilderness le on my other tahoe I believe they are discontinued but they ride nice not enough mileage to give you great feedback on them though. If you find one used bridgestone to match the tread you got at least you can run them out till you make a choice and are ready to fork out the money.

Blog Entries

Would you have to do any additional modifications to the truck for a size, mud tire that is the same size as the tire that is on the truck? Or are they all bigger than the regular tire? All new to me, just weighing all my options.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Was looking at some General Grabber AT2 specifically the calculated size, 31 x 10.5, although the correct calculated size is 31.6 x 10.4. Would that cause a problem at all on the truck?
    - K&N Air Filter
    - Nasta Steps
    - Penda Bedliner

Planned:
    Mudflaps
    Exhaust hopefully
    Maybe a programmer

2008 Equinox

You shouldn't have a problem probably could go a little bigger if you wanted. I would check with some guys that might have the same truck as yours. My tahoe came stock with 265/70/16 and I'm currently running 275/65/18 which converts 32.1 with only a little rub on real sharp turns.

Speaking for myself, I would never mismatch tires on a 4X4. I just don't want that to be a possible cause of drive line failure. I believe tires are just about the most important thing on a vehicle. I won't pay for the most expensive out there, but I won't buy the cheapest either.
    Adam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast