GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default With a 5 inch lift can i fit 35s on my 02 2500hd silverado??..need help fast! thank u

Hey i just got my 2 inch tuff country suspension lift with new shocks in and my 3 inch PA body lift also came in. So now im gonna order 17x9 moto metal rims and im not sure what tires to get i really wanna get 35x12.5 but will they fit on my truck without rubbing, or will i have to get 33s cuz if the 35s fit i deffiantly wanna get them

The one thing im confused about is it says when i lift my truck i need a certain amount of backspace on my new rims what exactly is that for and why would i need atleast 4.5 i think it was?? Whats the backspace for??

- I have a 2002 2500hd silerado 6.0 if it matter?

http://www.fourwheeler.com/techartic.../photo_01.html

Hope that helps to give you a better idea. You should beable to run 35's pretty easy. Unless your backspacing is something crazy, you should not have any issues running them.

1995 Chevy Tahoe

hey that did help a little thanks...the wheels im getting are moto metal MO957s
    - the rim is 17x9
    - I looked it said the backspacing is 4.53 would that work with my 5 inch lift is that alright
    - will i be able to run 35s with them?

----I also appreicate you answering so fast thanks again man!

You should be able to run them with no problem.

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

yep you should have no problem running 35's. 33's wouldn't look good with that much lift either. You'll have to post some pics!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Yeah you'll be ok running them. What tires are you going to be running?

I was just lookin around for little more. Is it a better idea to get the 3inch body lift and the 3 inch leveling kit so i got an extra inch in the front and back so then the tires would look a little better i wanted to get the nitto mud grapplers but im not 100 percent yet of which tire i want.

Those moto metal rims will be alright with that backspacing?

- What is the lowest or highest backspacing i can have on the rim

What do you plan on doing with the truck? Are you just looking to lift it so you can run 35's? Or do you plan on doing some wheeling? If you plan to wheel it, how much wheeling and what kind of wheeling?

If you just want to run 35's, get a 3inch body lift and a 3inch lift kit. Cheaper than a 6inch lift, but still the same amount of lift to clear the 35's. However, if you want to take it in the mud every once in a while, I'd get a 6inch lift. If you plan to be in the mud alot, I'd start looking into going to a SFA.

It all comes down to what you want to do with your truck. Decide how your going to use it first, then build it. That's the best advice I can give to you. It comes down to reseach, asking questions and learning. I'm not much on mud, but I'll throw my truck around in snow, on dirt roads and trails anyday of the week. So my 6inch works for now. However, sooner or later I'll need a SFA under mine instead of the IFS.

Your 2inch lift, 3inch body should work out great for running 35's. I'd go with that personally.
    Last edited by racekid91; 02-06-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Yea i dont plan on goin in to the mud much at all im not really into tht i love drivin around in the snow though. Im really just trying to fit the 35s but it still will look good while there on there. IM still confused about backspacing how low or high can i go if i decide to go with different rims like from what-to what.

So you think i should go with the 2 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body liftinstead of the 3 inch leveling kit and 3 inch body lift?

I'd go with the 2inch lift, 3inch body lift. I'm not a fan of leveling kits myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by