GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default 08 silverado harness ??

Ive done some searching on this and found some good info but wanted to clarify which adapter I can use to install an aftermarket head unit in my truck. I've noticed other people using the GMOS-01 adapter for 04-05 models and wanted to know if it will work for mine. It's an 08 silverado shorwide with onstar no bose. This is the one I'm looking at:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-METRA-AXXESS...ht_3242wt_1135

The easiest way to tell is to pull out the head unit & unplug it. Take pics of the plugs & then go to purchase the wiring adapter.
    You're driving is WAY more offensive than my swearing, assjack!!!

So no one knows if that adapter will fit the 08?
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic43378_1.gif

Looks like it'll work. Crutchfield says it will fit------>http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120OSLA...n-Adapter.html Get the ebay one though. Same thing as Crutchfield's but a lot cheaper.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Yea, looks like it will work. I had run into problems with that brand though and ended up shipping it back to Crutchfield. I went with a more expensive one from pac audio, but you might have better luck then I did.

Of course if you dont want onstar capability you van buy a much cheaper one that will keep everything working except the onstar.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

I'm not too worried about onstar I never use it anyway. I do however want to keep the door chimes and the turn-off delay functioning. What problems did you have? Nice truck btw

My only issue was that when using onstar had extreme amounts of engine noise while using onstar. Other then that worked fine. But, if you dont want onstar there are modules that are half the cost that will keep everything else running.

I use onstar, I get a reduced rate from insurance company so for a little extra overhead on my part its pretty much free .. I know people use that, I just had a bad experience. Could have just been a defective module from the factory. I had to go to local audio shop and buy the much much more expensive one but worked like a charm.

You might be able to find those adapters at Auto Zone. The local one here stocks them.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I would go to www.metraonline.com to find the right one..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Checked autozone and no go. Pulled my radio and took pics of the plugs they dont match the ones on that harness. Metraonline shows one for $130 but my whole point was to try and get away from spending that on a harness. Looks like I might not have a choice. I'm not worried about the onstar I can lose it if need be, but I do want to keep the door chimes and radio turn off delay and I dont want to be dealing with trouble codes or anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by