GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dont use Metra/Axcess harnesses they are junk, Pac-Audio makes some of the best harnesses around. (I work at a car audio shop) Go the www.bestkits.com and search there and you will find the harness you need depending on if you have OnStar and/or Bose

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and i can get you set on the right path without having to buy multiple harnesses

~Jake

That's a good site but man they're expensive. I have already found the pac adapter for like 150 or something I just don't want to spend that much for just a harness. I hate the way they are doing these newer trucks...I've owned several chevy's and gmc's and never had to buy a 150 dollar harness just to add an aftermarket head unit. My last truck was an 06 gmc sierra decked out with the bose premium system and I was able to get a pac integration harness for around 20-30.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic43378_1.gif

Not Much you can do. However IT IS possible to make an aftermarket radio work without the adapter. You will lose a lot of features, but it is possible. There have been a few people on here do it.

You can buy adapters from other manufacturers at www.crutchfield.com. They sell PAC and other cheaper variances. Just one of those things you got to bite the bullet and forget about it. It's not just GM that requires adapters, almost all manufacturers now require some type of bypass. Head Unit manufacturers probably would integrate into their technology but then they would be limited to what they can be installed in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12