GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States

x2 on the all black

======​SOLD=====
    2006 1500 4x4 extended cab short bed
    SAS 12" suspension lift
    38x15.50 Mickey Thompson ATZ
    20x10 Mickey Thompson Classic II
    FOA custom shocks
    Dana 44HD front axle
    14 Bolt SF w/ detroit locker
    yukon 5.13 gears
    Dynatech Long tube headers
    Dynatech y pipe w/ high flow cats
    Magnaflow muffler
    Tom woods custom dual cv rear driveshaft
    K&N AIRAID system
    Hypertech power programmer
    And much more...........

Legend
    Blog Entries

After seeing your pic I am totally against the lime green. It makes it look cheap. I wouldn't even like the red accents if they were that big or bright. Have you thought about silver accents? It would break up the monotany of the black & be a lot more subtle...
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

If you like grave digger (monster trucks) thats not so bad. Ive seen green accents on other parts that dont look so bad. I might lean towards the red. Just not quite as bright. a darker red maybe.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I think they will look good.
    Jess

1991 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by normal_deviation View Post
    The truck is black. .... If I go this route, the only place that will have the green will be the wheels. No green bowtie, wipers, neons ..... LOL ..... ill see if I can quickly alter a pic. That specific rim is not necessarily the one I will pic.... just guaging the feel of this idea. Ultimately im gonna do what I like,.......... but its the dead of winter here in Ontario.... 2 feet of snow outside and ive gotta kill some time contemplating something...... may as well listen to some others thoughts and ideas.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Ok, here is a quick pic of a black truck with green/black stars. ........ thanks to whomever's truck it is, just googled for a quick pic.

Ive never been afraid to be different so ill tell you that i like the way the rims look with the green accents.Im tired of seeing the all black rims,which everyone seems to have nowdays.All that matters is whether you like them.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

I like the "Eddie Lawson" green look...but I think if you should compliment it with some same colored pin striping!

I would actually go with CHROME instead of green..i mean just where the green is..that would look killer..and i would not paint it or so, more like getting it machined and bolt on ...just make sure the weights are correct ..THAT WOULD BE COOL.

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

Cheapy route is to have a sign shop make you high quality decals to stick on the rim for accents. You can pick/change color and not ruin your rims. I think chrome wheels would look nice but also black/chrome combo. In the end do what you like! My Denali wheels limit my tire size to 265/75 but I want 285/75. Like my wheels too much to get rid of them and pay for other rims.

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71
    Stock 5.3L
    High Flow Filter
    Dual Exhaust
    KC Driving Lights behind Grille
    2011 17" GMC takeoffs
    Nerf Bars
    Toolbox

I kinda like the green accents in that picture but one thing is that those wheels are 20's. I think that makes a difference. With a smaller 18'' wheel I think the green would look a little more cheap since its a smaller wheel and all you'll notice is the green. Also what year is your truck. different body types compliment different accents better than others.

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

i actually like it too. it kinda makes me think of motocross when i look at it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast