GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Goodyear Wrangler Authority ???

I know these tires are made specifically for Wal Mart. They sizing is a little limited but they look like great AT tires expeciallyfor the price. My question is does any one run them? What your experiences? I have a 00 1500 Z71 and have been pricing tires. I don't haul or tow much so not worried about a heavy load rating. the come in C and E load rating's and have some good reviews. What you guys think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0069766209367_100X100.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	24933

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71
    Stock 5.3L
    High Flow Filter
    Dual Exhaust
    KC Driving Lights behind Grille
    2011 17" GMC takeoffs
    Nerf Bars
    Toolbox

not sure if you saw this post on the tires.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...he-Secret-Tire
    Sounds like a decent cheaper tire, made by goodyear for walmart.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I just got done reading that thread and others on these tires. I think i'm gonna get a set. Just have to get the installed price from my local Walmart.

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71
    Stock 5.3L
    High Flow Filter
    Dual Exhaust
    KC Driving Lights behind Grille
    2011 17" GMC takeoffs
    Nerf Bars
    Toolbox

I've had them for about 8 months now . Mine are 265/75/16 10 ply . Our road is seriously rocky and our nieghbors ate 3 sets of 6 plys last year .
    I love them . Great in mud and snow , heavy snow & combined Ice Storm last week really put them to the test , (had a fair amount this past week) . No troubles at all . A bit noisy on the road (just crank your tunes a bit louder) ! Also great with "Tail-Gaters" , these suckers pick up great rocks which launch like rockets at 50-60+ on the black top !!
    Yep I got them with nationwide road hazzard , lifetime balance all about $950.00 after taxes and warranties etc.
    Think about this ,,,, Your on a trip out of town and one tire gets "fragged" if you have an obscure brand tire where can you go ? The Good Years from Wally World are ALOT easier to have replaced .
    Steve
    Peoples Suspicions are only aroused by our actions !

Correction on price ; Mine were $850.00 and change . If you go for a lighter ply they are substanially less . I really wanted the Good Year MTR's with the Kevlar . These Ozark rocks are like razors . But the tread was way too agressive for sustained road use . My neighbor had a set of 285/75/17's (i believe) and they were slap worn out at 35k . Too high dollar for that !
    The Authority's are great ! I ran BFG's and liked them (can't remember the "line" but they aren't made anymore) .
    Let us know when you get them on and take them for an off-road ride . Don't skimp on the ply rating if you can manage .
    Steve
    Peoples Suspicions are only aroused by our actions !

I've been running them for a little over a year now, about 36,000 km. They are 265/75/16 E range. The tread wear has been really good and traction in wet, snowy, and icy conditions has been the best tires I've had so far. The sad thing is I bought them before I put in my keys and AAL and they just look to small so now I'm just gonna sell them and the stockers after I get some bigger tires and rims

1997 GMC Sierra SLT
    Debadged/demolded, Billet Grille, JBA s/s shorty headers, Magnaflow true duals, Magnaflow cats, K & N FIPK, Stainless nerf bars, Drop Center bumper, RCX 4" lift, XD Hoss Black, 33" DC Mud Country, Bushwacker flares, Black Bear tuned