GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Chrome! Chrome! Chrome!

Check out my new grill and bug deflector. All i need is the bumper cap and air dam. Thinking about getting them painted to match.

Let me know what you guys think. I also got 35" toyo open country mud terrains today, will get a picture tomorrow. They're at least 3" taller then my 33" mud terrains. The tread is that deep lol.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Legend

Blog Entries

Hang on.......

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Ok, I'm back. I had to go get my sunglasses....

WOW! That's shiny!

Have you thought about painting the air dam and the bumper cap the same colour as the truck, to kind of play with the front, and not have it all just one solid colour (chrome)? Just a thought. The new pieces certainly fit in well with the theme you have going with the entire truck. Woot!
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Damn, that looks good.

Legend
    Blog Entries

That baby IS BRIGHT!! It looks good Ippielb. I was going to ask if the tight mesh grille had raised your engine temp, but I can see from the snow, the block heater cord, & the icicle hanging on the bumper, that you've got no worries about temperature
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Quote Originally Posted by Springthing View Post
    Hang on.......

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Ok, I'm back. I had to go get my sunglasses....

WOW! That's shiny!

Have you thought about painting the air dam and the bumper cap the same colour as the truck, to kind of play with the front, and not have it all just one solid colour (chrome)? Just a thought. The new pieces certainly fit in well with the theme you have going with the entire truck. Woot!
    Actually, the bumper cap costs $180... So thats kinda ridiculous I'm thinking. But yes, i am thinking about getting everything painted to match, including the black on the mirrors to match the color of my truck. Looking to get the holes in the tailgate filled, and then put a chrome tailgate guard, the rock guards, and the window rain deflectors chrome on top of it. And for the rear end, get clear LED tail lights, clear MEGA 3rd brake light. And then either get the bumper pads painted to match, or get a Fab Fours rear bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    Damn, that looks good.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    That baby IS BRIGHT!! It looks good Ippielb. I was going to ask if the tight mesh grille had raised your engine temp, but I can see from the snow, the block heater cord, & the icicle hanging on the bumper, that you've got no worries about temperature
    Thanks! And for the question about the mesh insert, i run it during the summer time too. and it only raises the temperature slightly. I would recommend getting them. I have the stainless ones. Not plated chrome or anything cheap.

Well holy schnieke, ippielb and springthing! Where the hell have you two been? I haven't seen either of you on here for ages, hope you are both well! New chrome looks great, but then you probably knew I'd like it!
    Adam

looks very nice, keep it up
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Thats looks fantastic!!.I am going to go with the chrome on my accesories also ,instead of the painted look,which everyone seems to be doing.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    Thats looks fantastic!!.I am going to go with the chrome on my accesories also ,instead of the painted look,which everyone seems to be doing.
    I sometimes catch a little flak for the chrome I have on my truck, but it's what I like, and it can look good if it's not overdone. I consider it "old school" and I'm old so I figure it's O.K., lol ! Chrome rocks!

That looks sweet man!!!!!
    2006 1500 Z71 extended cab shortbed
    Cobra 29ltd classic cb 102" stainless whip
    Rough Country steering stabilizer
    Magnaflow dual exhaust
    3" Performance accessories body lift
    2" Rough Country Suspenion kit
    Rough Country Hydro 8000 Shocks
    Pro Comp 20x9 6001 wheels
    35x12.50x20 Mickey Thompson Baja atz radials

2009 Chevy Tahoe lt xfe
    Stock
    (wife wont let me do anything to her ride)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by