GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice OrganizedLaborFTW's Avatar

Default Nasty film on side moldings (2010 Black Silverado LS)

So now that It seems as if winter thaw is finally hitting Massachusetts and the snow is starting to slowly melt away. I wanted to give my truck a real good washing. What I noticed is this nasty film on my moldings which didn't come off with your normal cleaner. It almost seems as the film is permanently embedded on there.

Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this, and what you used to clean it. Regular car wash soap and a sponge wont cut it.

I don't really want to cough up 200+ bucks this year to have it detailed lol.

2010 Silverado Ext. Cab 4.8L V8 w/Airaid C.I.A. & Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler

Real Americans Buy American.

Seriously though...what kind of person goes out wanting to buy a truck and lands on a Nissan Titan?!?

Get MY FLAG off of your foreign car.

Did you try some Turtle Wax or something equivalent on a buffing wheel or rag and try and work the film out? That usually works pretty well for any problem areas on my truck.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I've used Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover for sap, glue from my 4x4 stickers and other nasty stuff on my paint. The best part is it doesn't even damage the wax. You're the first I've heard with it on their black truck. Another guy on here had it on his white truck. Just another reason to consider removing the moldings.

X2 on the turtle wax bug & tar remover,it works great!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"