GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Default Know of any good sites?

    Any good sites for 70's-90's model gm trucks. I enjoy this site but it seems to be gear'd to the more recent years.

  2. #2

    Default

    Check out the groups on here, there are some that are tailored towards your truck, and you can post messages to that group. Also, I like the 70's and 80's trucks, post away.

  3. #3
    Legend
    stephan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Far West, Oregon USA,
    Posts
    8,610
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I don't know Joe. I'd like to find a parts site that had stuff for my '88 Silverado, like a lift kit, a dropped pitman arm etc. I don't know if they ever made stuff back then, or if they just don't make stuff for them now, since they may consider that it's just a 23 years old P.O.S.


    Al, how do we find out information on the groups here? None of them seem to be very active. Some haven't been active for months..
    Last edited by stephan; 02-13-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol


  4. #4
    Jr. Engineer racekid91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Pretty much all of the GM Truck Forums (Fullsizechevy.com/gmfullsize.com/and gmtruckclub.com) are going to be geared towards the newer trucks. However, each site does have people who own and enjoy the older trucks. You just need to look harder bud.

    1995 Chevy Tahoe

  5. #5

    Default

    GM-Trucks dot com is the place you're looking for. Lots of traffic, and not so much "young stuff" and bad talkin'. Not trying to make anybody mad here; just answering your question.
    The Cheap-*ss Modder & Thread Killer
    The Realist says, "The glass is too big".

    2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z60 4WD Crew Cab
    Mineral Green Metallic w/ Tan Leather Interior
    5.3 L FLEX w/AFM, 6A, Cheap-*ss Mods
    32 Dump Club Member
    Range V8 AFM Eliminator

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    I don't know Joe. I'd like to find a parts site that had stuff for my '88 Silverado, like a lift kit, a dropped pitman arm etc. I don't know if they ever made stuff back then, or if they just don't make stuff for them now, since they may consider that it's just a 23 years old P.O.S.


    Al, how do we find out information on the groups here? None of them seem to be very active. Some haven't been active for months..
    I'm probably not the best one to ask since the one group I setup has all of 2 members, me and Steve. Anyway, you can start a new group if you'd like it's up to the members of each group to post discussions and respond. You should confirm with the moderators, but I don't think the group discussions get posted with the other forum threads. There are a lot of guys on here with 80s and 90s trucks. I'm sure you could get a group together, maybe setup by body style...sorry I can't be of more assistance.

  7. #7
    Jr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Coloradok5.com is good, been a member there for years.
    1986 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4x4
    2005 Chevy Trailblazer 4x4
    2000 GMC Sierra Z71 SLT - FOR SALE!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueLB756 View Post
    GM-Trucks dot com is the place you're looking for. Lots of traffic, and not so much "young stuff" and bad talkin'. Not trying to make anybody mad here; just answering your question.
    Huh, that's in interesting response.

    ---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchy_Joe View Post
    Any good sites for 70's-90's model gm trucks. I enjoy this site but it seems to be gear'd to the more recent years.
    We can make new sub-forums on here and I can develop it in such a way that we can draw in people pretty quickly searching for the types of topics that you're looking for. What exactly are you looking for?

    Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

    Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

  9. #9
    Jr. Engineer racekid91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Huh, that's in interesting response.

    ---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------



    We can make new sub-forums on here and I can develop it in such a way that we can draw in people pretty quickly searching for the types of topics that you're looking for. What exactly are you looking for?
    Could you do something, like where we have GMT900 sections, GMT800, GMT400 and then like "Classics" which would be anything 1987 and later.

    Just my thought, it would make finding information a little bit easier. I know I find a lot of info out of the GM Trucks section, but not so much in the SUV section. And pretty much all info for GMT400 Trucks and SUV's is the same. Just like how it's the same for GMT800 trucks/suv's and GMT900.

    Like, having the sub-forum named "GMT400". Which would have all information for 88-99 Classic Trucks, and 92-00 SUV's.

    GMT800 would be for 99-07 Classic Trucks, and 00-06 SUV's

    GMT900 would be for 07+Trucks and SUV's

    And ofcourse doing the same for the classic's and for S-10's and such
    Last edited by racekid91; 04-03-2011 at 03:20 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racekid91 View Post
    Could you do something, like where we have GMT900 sections, GMT800, GMT400 and then like "Classics" which would be anything 1987 and later.

    Just my thought, it would make finding information a little bit easier. I know I find a lot of info out of the GM Trucks section, but not so much in the SUV section. And pretty much all info for GMT400 Trucks and SUV's is the same. Just like how it's the same for GMT800 trucks/suv's and GMT900.

    Like, having the sub-forum named "GMT400". Which would have all information for 88-99 Classic Trucks, and 92-00 SUV's.

    GMT800 would be for 99-07 Classic Trucks, and 00-06 SUV's

    GMT900 would be for 07+Trucks and SUV's

    And ofcourse doing the same for the classic's and for S-10's and such

    I kinda like that idea...
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light


Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Similar Threads

  1. performance sites [Resolved]
    By kaiah723 in forum Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)
    Replies: 4
    Last: 03-02-2009, 10:51 AM
  2. Copycat Sites!
    By ChevyFan in forum Announcements & Feedback
    Replies: 10
    Last: 02-14-2007, 01:42 AM
  3. Merged Sites
    By ChevyFan in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last: 08-15-2005, 01:38 PM
  4. Merged Sites
    By ChevyFan in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last: 07-13-2005, 09:30 PM
  5. MERGED SITES
    By ChevyFan in forum Announcements & Feedback
    Replies: 6
    Last: 07-09-2005, 08:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •