GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Shaky at about 35 mph

At times my truck will drive perfectly fine but at other times when I'm staying at around 35mph it will shake like crazy and won't go away until I slow down or speed up. Anyone know what this could be?

does it start shaking again around 70mph. could be tire balance. after that possible driveline issue.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

No only around 35...ok I'll check that out. Thank you

Jr. Apprentice

I'd say tire balance too. I've had the same problem with cars before and it always was tire balancing.
    1986 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4x4
    2005 Chevy Trailblazer 4x4
    2000 GMC Sierra Z71 SLT - FOR SALE!

I had that problem on my 2000 thought it was the tires but it turned out to be my LF bearing was falling out. It was odd because it only happened sometimes.
    "Silly Honda. My lug nuts take more torque than your car makes."

My Sub had some severe vibration between 40-55. Changed u-joints. Still vibrated. I knew the tires were balanced, so I finally climbed back underneath and noticed the rear yoke was loose. Got a big socket (either 1-1/16 or 1-1/8"), some loctite and tightened it back down. Took care of my issue...
    Jess

1991 Suburban

Rear yoke out of the transfercase?

No, on the rear end. Out of the transfer case is a slip yoke.

Other thing that sometimes happens is the lockup torque converter doesn't disengage. This won't happen if you are speeding up to 35, it pretty much only happens if you're slowing down from cruising speed (55 or so) to the 30's range. you can tell though, it's more of an engine chug shake than just a chassis vibration.
    1986 Chevy G20 Tow Rig - 5.7 TBI conversion
    1978 Mustang II King Cobra Road Racer - Holley 650, MSD 6AL, 5 speed, 10 point Roll Cage, 9" posi, fuel cell, custom interior.

I've had tires cause this problem before. The belts break in the tire causing a severe wobble, also called "death wobble". Only does it at a certain speed, I don't know why. To check if this is the problem, rotate the rear tires to the front and the front tires to the rear. If it goes away, then you know its the tires.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by