GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Need some help on 2007 Impala

The wife and I just purchased a 2007 Impala a few weeks ago with 23,000 miles on it, was a certified pre-owned from the local Chevy dealer here.

Anyhow, we love the car but we're having some difficulty with our remote key fobs. Seems like only one fob can be programmed at any one time. If I try to program mine, hers comes unprogrammed.

I know there is a 8 remote max on the Impalas per the owners manual, but my question is this...

How can you clear out any past remotes programmed so we can get our two remotes to program and stay programmed?

I'm planning on taking it back to the dealer in the morning, but if it's something I can do here at home I'd just as soon do that.

Thanks for your help in advance!
    2006 Silverado LS Crew Cab 4x4, 4.8L

Nobody has an answer to my question?

Honestly I don't know how to clear out any past remotes, best bet would be to look through your owner's manual or just have the dealer clear it.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Quote Originally Posted by TELORVEHC View Post
    Honestly I don't know how to clear out any past remotes, best bet would be to look through your owner's manual or just have the dealer clear it.
    Finally got a chance to get to the dealer the other day. Turns out there were no remotes to clear out, but that each remote needed to be added to the car's computer with their computer. Dealer took care of that, in addition to reprogramming the module which controls the vents, as for some reason the actuator positions did not correspond to the setting on the dial. Problems taken care of, thanks for your input though!