GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    Bilstein shocks and Readylift blocks
    You can make a rap song out of that BigB!! And I love my ReadyLift blocks too!

________2013 4C Rated__________

I have a 2011 crew cab Z71 and will be installing the rough country leveling kit on the front. I am going with the kit that the spacer goes on the bottom instead of top of strut/shock. Does anyone else have this kit? If so how was installation? Durability? Ride? I also was wondering if anyone had the torque specs for the things that are taken loose for installation? Thanks in advance for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by kloftin86 View Post
    I have a 2011 crew cab Z71 and will be installing the rough country leveling kit on the front. I am going with the kit that the spacer goes on the bottom instead of top of strut/shock. Does anyone else have this kit? If so how was installation? Durability? Ride? I also was wondering if anyone had the torque specs for the things that are taken loose for installation? Thanks in advance for the help.
    I installed the Rough Country leveling kit on my 2010 4x4. Putting the blocks on the bottom makes infinitely more sense to me. The kit went in easily, with only minor issues.
    Kurt
    Trenton, FL.
    http://www.flaguns.com
    2010 Chev Silverado LT, 5.3L V8, 6 Spd Auto, 4x4, Z71, HD Cooling, 3.42 Locking Rear End, Rough Country Leveling Kit, Smittybilt Nerfs, Sprayed Bedliner, DDM HIDs, LEDs

Hello all, at 9pm here in South LA and tonight I finished installing my 2" Rough Country leveling kit that I got off of Amazon for $66 with shipping. Must I say after a 30 minute drive home IM PLEASED... EXTREMELY PLEASED..

I registered just to simply clarify a few things. I was skeptical at first. I love my truck too much to mess something up and didnt wanna spend the money for professionals to do it but I figured what the heck, 100% bolt on no special tools required but a handful of wrenches and 1 socket. Lets proceed.

First off the kit comes with 2 spacers, 4 bolts, 8 washers, 4 nuts, instructions, rough country advertising sticker, and a yellow rough country warning sticker to put either on the inside of the door alongside the other factory spec sticker(s), in the glove box, or in the engine compartment; choice is yours but its bright and notifies anyone working on the truck or future owner that there is a modification.

Now on to my clarifications for ease of installment. I followed that video TO THE TEE! However when trying to pry the strut up there was an extreme amount of pressure and it just felt as though someone was gonna get hurt. Didnt feel normal. Well after about an hour of trying to watch every moving part while prying and also trying to observe what is happening as well as "what needs to happen" ..FINALLY WE SPOTTED THE PROBLEM... we noticed one important step missing in the video instructions that would make the install go from 1.5 hours to 20 minutes tops GAURANTEED, WHICH IS JUST OUR OPINION. But if somehow you were able to get it by watching the video in this post and following those steps then most likely your here reading this because you broke something or messed something up and want to know of that easier way you could have done it.

In the video they stated loosening and leaving the sway bar bolt loose. For us this was humanly impossible to pry the strut far enough away from the lower control arm to slip the spacer in safely. We simply unscrewed the top nut and removed it completely from the sway bar but left the bolt in place. Giving you MUCH more room to move strut up and down. Next we easily picked the strut up away from the control arm and placed the spacer in place and wiggled the pry bar back and forth to align holes to accept bolts. We used a small vertical hydraulic jack to crank the lower control arm up to allow bolt for sway bar to protrude through enough for nut to catch.

Your also going to need the 7/32 allen to keep the ball joint from spinning when tightening your control arm nut back up. Also FYI the other side took us 12 minutes TIMED!!! Trust me just just remove the to nut completely from the sway bar. Now that we are finished and see the bigger picture of what we needed to do I consider this install a very very simple install probably a 2 or 3 out of 5 on a 10 scale of difficulty.

Going check alignment first thing in the morning hope you all find this post helpful. I dont ever post on anything but figured my two cents may save someone an hour of daylight. God bless.

Well i also purchased, tires and wheels. LC suggests, max 28" tires with this raise but i am confident that unless i am going to do some serious off roading i should have no issues, with the 29" Cooper's i purchased.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12