GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need opinions on leveling kit...

I have a 2002 GMC Sierra Extended Cab and want to put a full leveling kit on it. I can do everything myself but want some opinions on brands and stuff. I know rough country's full leveling kit, which is shocks, torsion keys, and 3 inch blocks is popular, but i kinda want to keep the z71 suspension unless the rough country shocks are comfortable. Another brand is made by zone offroad..its 2 inch blocks, torsion keys and shock relocators for the front.

Give me your opinion!

Thanks,
    Lucas

Welcome to the club, Lucas. I like the ReadyLift kit, well made. Alot of the cheaper leveling torsn keys are made in China. The ReadyLift keys are forged, good quality.

X2 on ReadyLift. A little more expensive than most leveling kits but you get what you pay for. The Zone Offroad kit is supposed to be good also.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

My Bilstein levelling shocks are THE answer!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

First, welcome to the site, second, Bilstein leveling shocks won't work for you, they are for the NNBS trucks.
    Here are some links to info on this site concerning leveling a '99-'07 Classic (GMT800) truck

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...-pros-and-cons

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...eys-My-Results.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...ar-Lift-Blocks.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...p-Leveling-Kit

Do yourself a favor and read all the posts they should help you make a decision.
    Adam

idk what to do because rough countrys leveling kit has 3 inch blocks in the rear and zone offroads has 2 inch blocks in the rear...im debating over an inch. the only difference between the two is one inch and whether i should go with the rough country shocks or stay with the z71 shocks. I need help!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas867 View Post
    idk what to do because rough countrys leveling kit has 3 inch blocks in the rear and zone offroads has 2 inch blocks in the rear...im debating over an inch. the only difference between the two is one inch and whether i should go with the rough country shocks or stay with the z71 shocks. I need help!
    Do the 3" block to replace the factory block, and you don't need shocks. I don't know from experience but I can't imagine the Rough Country shocks are that great for the money, your factory shocks are better.
    Adam

The stock lift block is 2 in. (I believe) so you'll get another inch of lift in the back if you go with the 3 in. block.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

well rough country only sells their blocks and keys with shocks. Im thinkin im leaning more towards the zone offroad kit, which is 2 inch blocks, torsion keys and front shock relocators.
    Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Do the 3" block to replace the factory block, and you don't need shocks. I don't know from experience but I can't imagine the Rough Country shocks are that great for the money, your factory shocks are better.

All you need is a set of keys and a set of lift blocks and u-bolts. You can buy them separately you don't need to buy a "kit".
    Adam