GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Jr. Mechanic

Having been a member for just a few short weeks, this site has helped me with several issues already. I hate like h*ll to take my truck to the dealership and prefer to do everything (well as much as possible) myself. There is a lot is interesting information and help always appears at hand.

Keep up the good work!

I came across this forum simply by "googling" information on my truck. I had never joined a forum like this, nor intended too. I just wanted to get the information I needed and go about my business. I have always referenced to manuals, car repair books and asking my buddy what he did in the past or if he knew how to fix it. Since joining here, I have found a great deal of information from this forum. If I need a question answered quickly or want a wider range of opinion I will defiantly come here. This forum has helped me greatly, and some of the mods were influenced by what others did !!

Greatly appreciate GMTC !!

Master Mechanic

haha thats rediculous! this site has helped me many times. Its full of useful info.and if the answer im looking for is not already posted somewhere, sombody is always willing to help me out
    -Dylan
    2004 Silverado 4x4
    4.8L
    1986 K5 Blazer
    8" Superlift w/39.5 super swampers
    1992 GMC Jimmy "Blue Bomber"
    4.3L Vortec

What's a blog?
    I have found all sorts of info here, and the folks are great. I, too, found this site by looking for info on my truck, and I'm pretty sure my question was answered on the first day. Since then, GMTC is automatically on the checklist for troubleshooting.

I don't know about computer communities, but I know a truck guy is a truck guy is a truck guy, no matter where you find them. I also have a feeling that Ed probably doesn't have to worry about saving a nickel, or planning out his weekend rebuild project, and that a support system such as GMTC would seem alien to him.

Thank you, Steve, and everyone else here, for your knowledge and insight to date.

Dusty

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    So I was listening to Ed Wallace (KLIF in Dallas/Fort Worth 8 am to 1 pm on Saturday) on the radio this morning and he railed against the car "blogs" (I think he meant forums or online communities in general) where those that respond to the "blog postings" don't have a clue as to the real problem and "don't know anything about the automotive industry"*.

So, my question is to all of you ... Do you get anything out of this website and the community that exists on here that has helped you out?

That can be anything from getting a technical question answered all the way to making a decision on what to buy, accessories and aftermarket decisions, finding a dealer or a repair facility or even DIY help that you found on here.

*Quotes are from the best of my memory as I don't have a transcript or a recording becuase he doesn't believe in podcasting.

it's like anything else in life- sort out the crap and hold onto the gems. if you are helped just once it is better than not having internet forums.

Legend

Blog Entries

I echo all of the great feedback that has been provided above! This site rocks and the members are awesome!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Master Mechanic

other than the false and inaccurate information I spew from time to time, great info here, and it's like a monster family definately glad it's around for use.

2009 silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 4X4
    6in FabTech suspension lift
    35x13R18 nitto terra grapplers
    6k and risin

Previously owned vehicles-
    2007 silverado ext cab LT 4x4
    2001 silverado std cab 2wd
    1990 toyota pickup
    1989 Trans Am GTA
    1957 Chevy Pickup stepside

im gonna agree with everyone on here and the knowledge is great!!!! 10 thumbs up for it
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

What could I say that hasn't already been said?

Radio is an old and out of touch media outlet.

The blue hairs there get their feathers ruffled anytime something new, like 8-track tapes, comes along and threatens their listening audience.

Next thing you know, they will want to block Live Streaming of their broadcasts on the internet, in fear that no one will huddle around there home radios to listen to their incessant whining about these hear computer things...

The lights are on and nobody's home.

Thanks to Steve and the many other bloggers that keep this site going, we can rest at night.

Cheers...
    Pavement sucks... :grrrrrr:

1994 K1500 4x4 Ext. Cab
    PCM chip and Xenon 8000k bulbs
    350cu.in bored over .050"
    balanced Crank, 10:1 compression
    Flat top pistons,cam,ported heads
    Option Racing Cold Air Intake
    Holley Throttle Body Spacer
    Accell Igition, 45kv coil
    FloTech Headers, no CATs, dual exhuast
    Goodyear Silent Armor A/T 305/70-16
    Pioneer SupertunerIII CD USB Bluetooth
    Kicker ZX200.2 ZX Amp
    Kicker Audio COMP 10" Subwoofer

Love this place. I try to chime in if I have some knowledge on a topic and sit back and try to learn when I don't. been here for a couple of years and always found it as a useful tool. I also have looked at other forums when trying to do something on my wifes car, but not joined (and have found good information there), I am only a member of one other forum (a landrover forum), but this is the one I go to almost every day.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member