GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Chilton Manuals Online Free

Greets,

I don't know if this has been posted before but I thought this could be useful.

## LINK REQUESTED TO BE REMOVED BY CHILTON'S UNDER THREAT OF LEGAL ACTION AGAINST GMTRUCKCLUB.COM ##

When you click on the link you will see the area where it asks for a DL number. Enter any letter followed by 12 numbers.

Nag.
    Last edited by Steve; 05-17-2012 at 11:15 AM.

.....ya clock faster and faster till the desire for speed overcomes the fear of bus.....

I thank you for posting that! It should prove to be a great help and it should pinned for future reference.
    Jesse "Fireman"

1997 Chevy Suburban K1500 4x4

Added the Federal Signal Vista, Unity Spotlight, Uniden BC350C Scanner, Maxson 4150 VHF Radio, Sound-Off Siren, GPS, Atatched Jumper Cables, and Laptop Computer.

Storm chaser and assistance vehicle

Big help, thank you.
    1994 Chevrolet Suburban K2500: 7.4Liter 454 Big Block

We'll have to see if this lasts. We had some trouble with the last one of these links that got posted. Eventually, the Michigan library system or the publishers of Chiltons finds out, and they don't like these kinds of links. It is becoming quite common for public libraries across the US to provide access to Chiltons for their own users. I would suggest, before you use the above link, see if your own public library provides this service and access it that way.

FWIW, most of the Chiltons DIY manuals are also available on Autozone's website.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

Chilton's in a tough spot on this, they're being too heavy handed on me again though.

Dear Site Administrator:

THIRD REQUEST

I would like to request to have this post <http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#axzz1tp5HUTRK> removed from the Chevy SUV forum because it is giving away free Chilton content. If this post is not removed by May 24, 2012, I will begin taking legal action.

I appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I work with "intellectual property". Licensed merchandise, specifically. It's become a complete joke, and this is a prime example.

The notion a publisher can maintain control of anything once it's offered via any public library is absurd. And once they've allowed that entity to do it for so many years, they have no legal standing to cry foul. But that wont stop their bottom-of-the-class legal representation from trying to bully anyone they perceive as infringing.

Chiltons is going to be busy! If you google chiltons manual michigan, there are tons of sites with the link posted on them. I wonder how long it will take for them to threaten the state of Michigan

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Greets,

Kinda lame but like Pikey said, just do a google search and you can find tons of links to it.

Nag.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Chiltons is going to be busy! If you google chiltons manual michigan, there are tons of sites with the link posted on them. I wonder how long it will take for them to threaten the state of Michigan

.....ya clock faster and faster till the desire for speed overcomes the fear of bus.....

Sr. Engineer

I frequent 7 forums chiltons free manuals at all . The manuals really not that good anyways for the novice .
    RESIDENT NUT.....MY CLAIM TO FAME .....