GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Paint Scratch Problems, Will this wax work?

There are some scratches that i have on my truck that i would like to cover up because they are very noticeable, they are from the fender flares that i had on the truck at one point, but the repair bill for it is around $1200. I took them off because I could see them flapping in the wind against the truck whenever I am at highway speeds and i had a feeling it was rubbing through the paint. Of course it did and now there is a large line that goes around all four of the fenders that does not look good at all. My dad and I tried to fix it ourselves by using this scratch repair kit and touch up paint (we were following the directions) but now it almost looks worse because the touch up paint does not match the original color, which really sucks. but we only did little parts of each fender, so there are still scratches in some spots. So I am looking for an alternative to covering these up and I came across this red turtle wax with a little chip stick that you put on the scratches and then wax over it. It is supposed to fill in swirl marks and any other scratches...

Has anyone used this product before and/or have anything good or bad to say about it?

http://www.autobarn.net/turwaxcolcur2.html

4" Rancho Suspension Lift, 1" Front Leveling Spacer, Dual Exhaust, Bushwacker Fender Flares, 20" KMC BADLANDS Rims, Toyo Open Country A/T (Summer Set), 17" Cragar Soft 8 Rims, Hankook Dynapro M/T (Winter Set), Bull Bar, Line-X Bedliner, DiabloSport Predator Tuner, LED Tailgate Bar, Blacked Out Rear Windows, Jason Hard Tonneau Cover, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, Bug Shield & Window Visors, Recon Smoked Cab Lights

Quote Originally Posted by IAsilverado View Post
    There are some scratches that i have on my truck that i would like to cover up because they are very noticeable, they are from the fender flares that i had on the truck at one point, but the repair bill for it is around $1200. I took them off because I could see them flapping in the wind against the truck whenever I am at highway speeds and i had a feeling it was rubbing through the paint. Of course it did and now there is a large line that goes around all four of the fenders that does not look good at all. My dad and I tried to fix it ourselves by using this scratch repair kit and touch up paint (we were following the directions) but now it almost looks worse because the touch up paint does not match the original color, which really sucks. but we only did little parts of each fender, so there are still scratches in some spots. So I am looking for an alternative to covering these up and I came across this red turtle wax with a little chip stick that you put on the scratches and then wax over it. It is supposed to fill in swirl marks and any other scratches...

Has anyone used this product before and/or have anything good or bad to say about it?

http://www.autobarn.net/turwaxcolcur2.html
    If you have gone through the clear coat your probably not going to get any good results from stuff like that.

You may want to ask around if anyone knows a auto body guy who can paint the fenders as a side job. If it were my truck I would either put the flares back on and fix the flapping /rubbing issue or re-paint the fenders.

$1200 isnt too bad since the have to re-clear the entire fenders. My truck was backed into at a parking lot and it only dented the metal right below the tail light.......

the dealer wanted $535 for that small dent and to re-clear that side of the bed. I found another shop who is going to charge me $200.

I would even shop around at shops outside your area if there arent alot of shops where you live.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com