GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default need new front shocks, what to buy?

ok so my front shocks are leaking and i need to replace. I don't do a lot of offroading more of a daily driver. What is a good one? never replaced shocks before so i don't know what to buy. i have leveling kit so i don't know if that makes a difference. Should i replace just the two or all four? any help is much appreciated. also would like to spend about $50 a piece for them. Will do the work myself with a little help from brother-in-law.

2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD:sign0011:
    6.0L Vortec
    Magnaflow 4" Dual Exhaust
    Leveling Kit
    Westin step bars
    Penda Skid Resistor bed liner
    dark blue metallic
    Bak Industries plastic bed rail caps
    Alpine 6 1/2" SPS-600 in front
    Alpine 6 1/2" SPG-17C2 in rear
    Bilstein HD Shocks front and rear
    Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs LT265/75/R16
    Access Lorado Roll-up soft tonneau cover

Best to do them all at once IMO. Monroe is a decent priced shock, same with Pro Comp. I don't think that the leveling kit will affect the height you will need.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Bilsteins are alittle more than $50.00 each but there worth it. Also check out Edelbrocks.

The bilsteins are great but over 50 each. I have used Monroes in the past with good results. the procomp ES9000's run about 40 each and I didnt see a problem with them. I havent used Edelbrocks but they are a reputable company.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

I got four new Bilsteins on ebay for $220 delivered-that was 3.5 years ago.
    No complaints they work well Suburban doesn't have all the sway and bobbing it had before.
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

If not Bilstein's then KYB's are the only way I would go for Aftermarket
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

where is the best place to find bilsteins? at a decent price?

ajusa.com, there a porsche shop/parts and they have good prices on most of there parts. If they don't stock they can get in a short amount of time. I purchased EBC brakes, Weathertech matts, Covercraft seatcovers and the savings was worth the wait ( about a week). They also have differant specials including shipping specials. There upfront with you if they don't have in stock and how long to ship.

Bilsteins,and replace all four
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

I found Bilsteins on autopartswarehouse.com for 75 a piece is that a good price? free shipping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast