GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Default What do you fish for??

As the title states what do you fish for?? I go after trout, and Walley, and northern Pike.. Those are the main species that i try to go after.
    This is a pic after my last trip up to the Boundary Water Canoe area, and was fishing just yards from the Canadian Border talk about beauty! and the fish tasted Great. The larger one is 25in, and about 4 1/2lbs lake trout. the little one is about 20in and 2lbs.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

And dont mind the hairdoo that is after 400 miles in the truck and all day fishing in 10-20below zero weather! by far one of the best trips yet though!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

i pretty much just fish for what ever will bite the hook, up at my cabin its mostly bass, sunfish or northern, and thats pretty much the only place i go fishing
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

That's awesome, Mike. I'd love to take a trip up to the BWCA one day. When I was in Arkansas (and whenever I go up on vacation), I flyfish for trout (Rainbows, Browns, Cutts, and Brookies). Also go after the smallmouth and sunfish when I float-fish all my favorite streams. Down here it's all about the speckled trout, redfish, flounder, & sheepshead inshore. I haven't been offshore in a long time, maybe I'll do that one day too.
    Last edited by troutbug; 02-24-2011 at 02:40 AM.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Legend
    Blog Entries

Trout are by far my favorite fish, and or salmon when we catch them in the big lake. I will be fishing up on the north shore of Lake Superior starting this week. The Kamloops and the Steelhead are starting to stack up for the spawn run up the rivers so i will be tossing my waders on and standing in the water trying to get a 5-10 lb looper on shore for dinner!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Legend
    Blog Entries

Rainbows, German brown trout & bass in the lakes, & rock fish, lingcod, halibut, albacore, salmon & sharks in the Pacific. I used to fish the rivers around here but the rules & regulations got so technical & convoluted that you need to take a lawyer with you to interpret them now.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

I used to fish the rivers around here but the rules & regulations got so technical & convoluted that you need to take a lawyer with you to interpret them now.
    I know exactly how you feel. Every year they seem to change the regs a little bit, and I find myself second guessing. Between bag limits, slot limits, seasonal catch & release areas, artificial only areas, barbless hook areas, blue ribbon areas, federal waters, blah blah blah...I just take the book down to the water with me now.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. Every year they seem to change the regs a little bit, and I find myself second guessing. Between bag limits, slot limits, seasonal catch & release areas, artificial only areas, barbless hook areas, blue ribbon areas, federal waters, blah blah blah...I just take the book down to the water with me now.
    Yep, that's it exactly Sal. The problem here is, (and probably where you live too) the enviros don't want you to be able to keep a wild fish, & they lobby the fish & game commission to keep making the regs more strict every year to make it more difficult to catch them. Each year they change 6 or 7 things & you just can't interpret it legally, & it's just not worth it to take the chance on getting a $500.00 ticket for making a mistake.

Mermaids, I still havent found the right bait though.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Mermaids, I still havent found the right bait though.
    Ha ha ha ha..
    Mermaids like big worms Tim!!

We fish in the Gulf of Mexico in my boat and we catch a variety of fish down here. We generally catch big Spanish Mackerel(20"-28"), Sheepshead, Spotted Trout, Black Sea Bass and of course Grouper is what is about the best eating fish we catch on a regular basis. We also pull up a few varieties of Snappers and the occasional Blow Fish and Flounder. I don't have a fishing boat per `se for trolling so we fish on bottom with squid, frozen Herring, live small fish and shrimp.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Louis and grouper.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	26013

Name:	Bob and Sheepshead.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	26014

Name:	Grouper.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	26015
    A man must believe in something...I beliveve I'll have another!

08' GMC 1500 All Terrain Z-71 4x4 GMC Performance Exhaust and Air Intake, 5" Rough Country Suspension Lift, 2" RC Leveling Kit, RC 1 1/2" wheel spacers on back end with 325/65/18 Toyo Open Country AT's, Line-X over the rail spray in Bed-liner, Go-Rhino Steps, under-the-tailgate tail light strip...and counting!!

09' Cadillac CTS-V OMG Fast 550+/- HP 6.2l Supercharged V-8...not your GrandDaddy's Caddy:happy:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast