GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Messed up

Ever since your first post I was wondering, how in the heck did you hook your battery up bakwards??? Be honest.

anythings possible, i was taught in school buy our auto teacher : "thats the way it is... until it isnt... and then it wont be". what happens if you use the chip from the 89? might not be perfect but maybe you could get it to fire? also check the modual inside the dizzy, iv ruined a few of those and they do weird things.. only like 30 bucks at advanced.
    "i dont think you got the picture. i got a beautiful picture. this baby happens to have an extra turn of speed, which is the only thing i care about. you dont understnad what happens do you? they make cars. they make 'em exactly the same way. one or two of 'em turn out to be something special. nobody knows why. i know why. i may be kiddin' myself, but i think i can make somethin' out of that sad little bucket of bolts." ~ Tennessee Steinmetz

Jr. Apprentice

Trialblazer - I purchased new battery , the mounts on bat were on opposite side plus both my terminals are black , so pretty much not paying attention.honestly! A.graham52 , I've changed the ignition module inside the distrib cause I was told that it would keep the truck from firing and getting fuel . Didn't do it ! Wish I really knew what I fd up . Just trying to figure myself , last resort is taking it to gmc dealer , and don't want to do that ! Any more suggs appreciated.thanks guys , just want my ride back the mini van ain't cuttin it!

u said you swapped out the chip from the 89. what if you put that back in the ecm, would it run? or atleast sound livly? OR... put your ecm and chip in a truck you know runs..
    "i dont think you got the picture. i got a beautiful picture. this baby happens to have an extra turn of speed, which is the only thing i care about. you dont understnad what happens do you? they make cars. they make 'em exactly the same way. one or two of 'em turn out to be something special. nobody knows why. i know why. i may be kiddin' myself, but i think i can make somethin' out of that sad little bucket of bolts." ~ Tennessee Steinmetz

Jr. Apprentice

Tried totally diff ECM and chips and tried switching my chips to different ECM. Haven't tried ECM with different chips .

Legend
    Blog Entries

Did you have the ignition switch on when you hooked your batt up backwards?
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

did you ever get the ecbm fuse to stop blowing? should have asked that first.

Jr. Apprentice

Yes think I had ignition on . ECM fusehasnt blown again.doyou think i could haveblown the ignition switch? Everythin else works when you turn the key.

Legend
    Blog Entries

No, I didn't think you had blown the ign. switch, I was just thinking that if it was on, this would have exposed a lot more things to the reverse polarity. I'm at a loss because you're already tried the things I would have thought were the cause. Before you give up & take it to the dealer, I would get a wiring diagram for your '90 (photo copy out of a repair manual at your library, almost free) & trace out all the FI & ign circuits. This has to be smth you/we have overlooked & may be very simple.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Jr. Apprentice

That's why I haven't taken to dealer yet . Just think its something simple.I hope .thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast