GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default flowmaster 40 series silverado 4.8

So i dont know too much about exhaust and mufflers and all that crap, so hope ya can help me out. What else do i need if Iam interested in changing that stock muffler and putting a 40 series and keeping everything the same and stock.
    Any muffler shop should weld it on right?

Legend

Midas or Meinike is an authorized flowmaster dealer, they can just swap out mufflers for you. Also to save on cost you could get a knockoff flowmaster muffler, gonna save you some money, you could also go to a reputable exhaust shop and they can give you more options for different budgets. I had a magnaflow and hated it, it rotted off in 2 years and had horrible resonance, so I had it replaced with a flo-pro muffler and way better sound in my opinion, will be going with one on my pickup this spring
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Sr. Apprentice

i got a flowmaster 40 in my 4.8

cost me over $200 with labour and the muffler and i also got a bigger chrome tip
    muffler is pretty straightforward swap but if you want a tip depending on length they had to cut mine off and angle it back a bit more so its not a 90 degree bend and more of an angle

Consider the Super 44 Flowmaster , thats what I had on my 2007 4.8L and it sounded great - Deep low rumble ,no splatter. I have a 2003 5.3L now that I bought with a 40 series already on it , same setup as my other and the Super 44 sounds much better. Youtube - BamaZ71 to see it -remember it always sounds better in person
    2003 Silverado Z71 Extended Cab 5.3L, K&N air filter , Flowmaster exhaust , Blacked -out Bowtie , leather interior , up-graded to 17's

Honestly i prefer Off brand mufflers I hear flowmasters everyday everyone has them and they all sound the same

Quote Originally Posted by soyrigoberto View Post
    So i dont know too much about exhaust and mufflers and all that crap, so hope ya can help me out. What else do i need if Iam interested in changing that stock muffler and putting a 40 series and keeping everything the same and stock.
    Any muffler shop should weld it on right?
    I think that the exhaust that you will be needing is the flowmaster 50 series. It will depend in your budget how you come up with nice exhaust system. :D