GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question where to wheel in ne texas?

I just got my '98 Z71, and have been developing a bit of an itch to go wheeling it. I've been on a handful of trips with friends that have Jeeps (Hot Springs, Bridgeport, etc.), but anywhere they go, seems too narrow for my truck. I have no interest in playing in the mud. I'm looking for places that have rocks to beat on. I haven't put much in to the truck yet, so something that will be a challenge, but doesn't require a super built truck would be perfect.
    Project: Excess in Moderation
    1979 Chevy short wide

Look up Katempcy Tx. the original park closed last year but I heard the organizers opened something new.
    A few trails at Barnwell and Escondido are wide enough to fit a FST without scratching it. Look at http://www.texasmotorizedtrails.com/...171&orgId=tmtc
    Last but not least Big Bend State park has some decent areas to play in and it's wide open country.
    If your looking to stay close to Rowlett and DFW though there wont be anything, plan on a drive to get to the play areas.

Thanks for the info. Perhaps I should ditch the truck and buy a Panamera S. I'll either have the time of my life, or kill myself.

Quote Originally Posted by brownboyz71 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Perhaps I should ditch the truck and buy a Panamera S. I'll either have the time of my life, or kill myself.
    I'm working on trying not to kill myself with it right now, the Panamera is a blast to drive, its become my daily driver lately.
    It's only temporary, it'll be for sale soon and I'll buy the 911 I really wanted I just got a great deal on this car cause it was damaged and I had to repair it, come spring it goes up for sale.

lol I wish I had your problems brother. The 911 is a blast. I still think Porsche designers are among the laziest in all of autodom, but it is absolutely one of the best all around sports cars ever created. Don't get hurt, and post lots of pics