GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New to me 2009 sierra crew cab wind noise coming from front left corner

I have read all of the posts about the cab noise coming from the rear. However, at 30-40 mph, I hear what sounds like wind/whistle coming from the front left; either the front of the drivers window, or the left side of the front windshield.

Any thoughts? Other then that, I luv the truck. Luv the bluetooth.

thanks

Larry

Does it have a bug shield on the front of the hood, by chance? I think I remember reading somewhere that this was redirecting air over the hood and it was causing the trim around the windshield to lift up on some trucks. Or it could just be that trim by itself.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Thanks for your reply. I do have a bug shield.

If the bug shield is easy to remove, try it and see if the noise stops. I think the solution was to use auto trim tape (the thick double-sided 3M tape would probably be best) and tape the underside of that plastic trim along the sides of the windshield to keep it from vibrating. Let us know what happens.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan