GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default front seat removal 03 suburban

I've got an 03 suburban and was thinking of moving the drivers seat back an inch or two to gain some more driver legroom for me. I haven't checked my seat but I'm assuming there are probably 4 bolts holding the seat to the floor. is there any room in the support bracket to redrill the holes and rebolt the seat back a couple inches? has anybody ever tried this. I'm thinking if I move the seat back I can alway slide it forward when I have an adult in the back...
    89 chevy stepside off road
    03 suburban Z71
    03 Yukon SLT

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

It's a safety factor.. I know they don't check those type of things anymore but if you do do this most people weld in new bolts and they should be strong enough to withstand you stopping short with your weight and the seats.. If you were to get into a bad front crash or even rear ended hard and that part of the seat brakes you would be the one that will suffer.. You won't be able to go after GM for it...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X