GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Switching OEM Dashboard Lights for LEDs?

I have a 2006 GMC Sierra SLE 1500. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what type bulbs are in the cluster? I can't match them anywhere! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Asa Prevost, US Army

2006 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L V8
    BFG A/T TA K/O
    Custom Billet Grille
    Blue #194 LED Interior Lighting
    .....more on the way!!!!

If you don't know how to, learn how to!

They are a strange type of solder-in incandescent bulb, not sure of the exact bulb #, but to replace them you would have to de-solder the stock bulbs and solder in LEDs w/ resistors probably. Check the member write-up section for an LED swap thread, there are a few of them on the site.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I looked around and couldn't find any relative to my model and make. I do know at 04 or so they changed from #194 to the type I have. I'm not the best with computers, but I've searched where I thought plausible. I've asked Napa, Oreillys, and other various stores and they too have no idea what type of bulb it runs off of. I even called the dealership and they can't look for the bulbs, as the only diagrams they have are for the cluster as a complete set, with gauges and all.

Asa Prevost, US Army

2006 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L V8
    BFG A/T TA K/O
    Custom Billet Grille
    Blue #194 LED Interior Lighting
    .....more on the way!!!!

If you don't know how to, learn how to!

all you need to do is solder in some 5 mm Leds with the proper resistors

These are the type of bulbs that come stock in the gauge cluster------>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...item335a34e608
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light