GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Newbie looking for info.

I drive a 2009 Chevrolet silverado crew cab, dark blue. I'm wanting to do lots to my truck such as performance enhancements, new wheels and tires, a suspension lift w/shocks, off-road lights, grille guard and bumper, and even an eventual interior upgrade. Right now my focus is on wheels and tires, I am planning on getting XD Series Monster rims(24") but can't seem to find any offroading or all terrain tires for it. I have tried tirerack.com but they only bring up sport tires, any ideas?

And I've heard a lot of hype about lifts, from pro comp to ranchero to tuff country, who's the best for casual driving and occasional offroading? I'd like an awesome 4" cause it isn't to high for my girlfriend to get in but I can only find none.

What about power steps? I've only seen them on a dodge, not a chevy.

HELP! PLEASE!

Welcome Cody. Looks like you are gonna have your hands full once you start. As far as 24" A/T tires, Nitto lists a few options on their website. I'm not sure why you want to go that big with the wheel, but to each his own. Some of the R24 tires are in the 33"-35" diameter size, but some are approaching 38". I'm guessing you would need more than a 4" lift if you plan on running these. It seems you would have a lot more choices in A/T tires if you drop down a little, even just to 20" wheels.
    As far as 4" lifts go, mfleetwood (Mike) on here has a 4" Rancho lift, and seems to be satisfied with it according to his posts. You may PM him and ask him for more details/thoughts on it.
    I don't know anything about the power steps...just seems to me like one more expensive item with moving parts that would be prone to breaking. Especially if they are on a Dodge!
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Just some advice, IFS lifts, Big Wheels, and Big Tires don't mix. My advice, is get some 18-20's, with 35's. 24's and 35's would be so heavy. That's alot of strain and stress on your front end. But a great choice on the wheels, the XD Monsters are SWEET. Just get them in 18's though.

As far as the lift it's self goes, go with BDS. I'll say it up and down, mine's great. And I know a lot of people like their BDS lift for the 07+ trucks.

1995 Chevy Tahoe

I would not go with the 24's, if you do any off roading they break very easily, 18's or 20's are the best bet and less expensive. Power Steps are no good for off roading they are too easy to damage with mud , dirt or sand. they hang up and won't work, not worht the $. I know some one that has or had a set on his truck until he kept having problems with them and no longer uses them.
    Ford has a better idea! Drive a GM!

07 GMC Sierra Classic
    07 Honda Accord EX-L

68 Camaro (blown)
    2011 Ford F550 V10
    I don't own this truck, I just drive it!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the club Cody
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

try checking out rimzoneonline.com they have complete packages, they have an ebay store as well
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Welcome to the site!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Welcome to GMTC!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Welcome to the club! I would look at N-Fab steps or Go Rhino! Dominator II steps if you're going to be doing any offroading. They look good and they're durable, too.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Welcome aboard!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by