GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Question My CVX's aren't hitting lows real good...?

I have two 12" Dual 2-ohm CVX subs powered by a Hifonics HFi2500 at two ohms. They should be getting around 700 RMS a piece from that amp and they're in a prefab box from Amazon. I'm pretty sure it's the box, but these subs just don't hit lows. It sounds really airy and they flex a LOT when I put it on a low song turned up. Each sub has 1.5 cu ft of air space in the box which isn't that much. I want to have a good range of bass, but I'm playing songs with higher frequencies to make them sound good. I'm not going to lie, these subs get LOUD, but I know there has to be more potential out of them. Any recommendations? Should I just make a bigger box?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Do you have the Amp set right? What head unit are you useing? What Ga wire do you have for the power and ground? What size fuse by the Batt? Did you up grade the wire going from your alt to the Batt?
    Last edited by Enkeiavalanche; 03-06-2011 at 09:31 PM.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I have the gain turned up 1/4 on the amp, the rest of the settings are correct. I'm using a Kenwood KDC-MP145. I have 0 gauge power and ground with a 250A amp fuse by the battery and I haven't done the big 3.

Legend

I would get a head unit thats 4 volt out and upgrade the other wires..

What would the 4V output do? And you mean do the big 3?

Legend

Higher volt outputs give a cleaner sound and a bit more volume to your amps.. Up grade the Alt wire and ground from the body to frame..

Okay, thanks. Do you think it will help the low frequencies? Also, do you change the input sensitivity on my amplifier for that?

Legend

Yes if you do a 4 volt output then turn up the gain.. But only if you have 4 volt output...

Okay, thanks!

What does that box look like? I would go with more air space...I think 1.5 is min for those subs.i have seen guys pushing 300 rms to cvx's and they pound.

The enclosure is 70% of the recipe.IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by