GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Say A Prayer for my Truck

Two of my sisters are back home for a while and they share a car. The one who owns it needs to work tomorrow and the other has to take my baby niece to a doctor's appointment at the sametime. Guess who doesn't have to work tomorrow? Me, the younger brother. One sister is a notoriously bad driver with tickets to prove it and the other will have a screaming child to distract her while driving. One of them is going to have to take it. So, please say a prayer for my truck.

Legend
    Blog Entries

A prayer may not be necessary. I would give your truck to the sister with the child. She is going to be the more careful driver of the two because the child is with her.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Why don't you just drive one of them to where they have to go??? Then you and your truck are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Why don't you just drive one of them to where they have to go??? Then you and your truck are safe.
    thats what I ended up doing

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caddiac View Post
    So what do your sisters look like? I mean may be one of us could fly up there rent a car and drive them around.....
    Are you volunteering??? You seem to be able to easily get away for "several days"....

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Legend

Blog Entries

Hey Lil Red Chevy...post some pics of the girls! Cad needs another break real soon.....

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Legend

Blog Entries

I would also assume with the lower lighting, they would get less reflection from you
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 03-05-2011 at 02:20 PM.

TIRES:

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Boy, am I old.
    I was wondering what his truck looked like- no thought to the sisters.
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    Hey Lil Red Chevy...post some pics of the girls! Cad needs another break real soon.....
    yeah ill get on it

this thread totally took a down hill turn... hahahaha
    "i dont think you got the picture. i got a beautiful picture. this baby happens to have an extra turn of speed, which is the only thing i care about. you dont understnad what happens do you? they make cars. they make 'em exactly the same way. one or two of 'em turn out to be something special. nobody knows why. i know why. i may be kiddin' myself, but i think i can make somethin' out of that sad little bucket of bolts." ~ Tennessee Steinmetz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast