GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2000 Silverado Seat Repair Help Needed

So it was bound to happen, the driver seat upper frame cracked and now leans towards the inside of the truck center. Does anyone have a diagram on how to remove the upper half of the seat while it still in the truck? Also how to remove the arm rest as well. I am going to pull the upolstry up off the seat and remove the foam and weld the part that is broken inside. Any help would be great!

Thank you!

damn no one?

Still looking for someone who can help here

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Chris View Post
    So it was bound to happen, the driver seat upper frame cracked and now leans towards the inside of the truck center. Does anyone have a diagram on how to remove the upper half of the seat while it still in the truck? Also how to remove the arm rest as well. I am going to pull the upolstry up off the seat and remove the foam and weld the part that is broken inside. Any help would be great!

Thank you!
    Big Chris.....the below link is a diagram of the Front Bucket Seats for the 1999" to 2005" Silverado's,

Link,
    http://www.compnine.com/index.php?u=...16&grouptype=B

Hope this Diagram is able to help you out.....

Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 03-17-2011 at 05:44 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Heartbeat that link was useful i dug around a little more to find my exact seat and found what i needed to do. Now I took apart the seat yesterday and welded up the frame today and tonight ill put it all back together. Thank you.

Alright the seat frame was welded back up and i checked for other cracks before i was done welding and now its all back together in the truck and we are good to go! Thanks for the help

Hey Big Chris I have the same problem with my seat. Is the weld still holding? I am trying to figure out weather or not to weld it or to buy the frame for the back of the seat. Is it hard to remove and replace the cushion?

Just welded my brother's seat. Use care around airbag control systems. Big people stress seats a lot.

the welds are holding great the seats is just like it was.

I had to weld up the seat frame in my dad's 02. He took it to a local custom shop to have it fixed but they didn't even take the upholstery all the way off the frame, and only tac welded the break. When I got the upholstery off I found that only 1 of the original welds still in tact. I ended up just brazing the frame. Still works.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors